Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Dash Cam.

blue flash

What a truly incompetent driver in that car park. It's not even as though there is limited space to manoeuvre.

• Like 2

Just thought Id add some pictures of my Dash-cam Installation here to let others see.

This is my dash cam package.

post-45027-0-02763300-1453143101_thumb.j

For those of you who dont know much about the mobius its very small roughly about the size of a Ti Tac box Id say.

post-45027-0-86163000-1453143138_thumb.j

I wasn't happy with mounts fir the camera as teh suction mounts kept falling especially with the heated screen. I was also not keen on the sticky mount as well and I thought these mounts added unnecessary bulk as so I made my own lol!.

post-45027-0-64046900-1453143206_thumb.j

Here is My Homemade mount attached to car but unpainted.

post-45027-0-40928400-1453143215_thumb.j

I hardwired my cam into the car using a cable which i will link to below. I ran the cable under the roof liner down the passenger Pillar into the fuse box and then on the passenger cill under carpet I earthed the negative point.

post-45027-0-98128100-1453143353_thumb.j

post-45027-0-46456300-1453143361_thumb.j

When all was built back together I positioned my cam to how I would want it and then give the new mount a little paint.

post-45027-0-52952700-1453143508_thumb.j

Here the outside view (sorry for the reflections) but it is very Deseret which was what I wanted. To be honest I forget half thr time its there.

post-45027-0-09336700-1453143525_thumb.j

The mobius has many options for customizing settings ect. I use my phone and a cable to connect to it to change settings or if needed position. When i want a clip off just pop out the SD card and its that easy. There is also a pc program for it which is really easy to use and can be used to update the firmware as sometimes it gets new features with new firmware.

I choose mobius after a lot of research and reviews on it and also because it met 3 of my biggest concerns which was overall budget, how Deseret it will be when installed, quality of footage both day/night, and for me it passes all marks

**If I find the link for the usb Hardwired cable I will post it.

• Like 3

Just thought Id add some pictures of my Dash-cam Installation here to let others see.

This is my dash cam package.

attachicon.gifMaterials.jpg

For those of you who dont know much about the mobius its very small roughly about the size of a Ti Tac box Id say.

attachicon.gifMobius Size.jpg

I wasn't happy with mounts fir the camera as teh suction mounts kept falling especially with the heated screen. I was also not keen on the sticky mount as well and I thought these mounts added unnecessary bulk as so I made my own lol!.

attachicon.gifMy DIY Bracket.jpg

Here is My Homemade mount attached to car but unpainted.

attachicon.gifBracket Fitted.jpg

I hardwired my cam into the car using a cable which i will link to below. I ran the cable under the roof liner down the passenger Pillar into the fuse box and then on the passenger cill under carpet I earthed the negative point.

attachicon.gifFuse boxed wiring.jpg

attachicon.gifEarth point for cam.jpg

When all was built back together I positioned my cam to how I would want it and then give the new mount a little paint.

attachicon.gifBracket painted and Dash cam installed.jpg

Here the outside view (sorry for the reflections) but it is very Deseret which was what I wanted. To be honest I forget half thr time its there.

attachicon.gifOutside view.jpg

The mobius has many options for customizing settings ect. I use my phone and a cable to connect to it to change settings or if needed position. When i want a clip off just pop out the SD card and its that easy. There is also a pc program for it which is really easy to use and can be used to update the firmware as sometimes it gets new features with new firmware.

I choose mobius after a lot of research and reviews on it and also because it met 3 of my biggest concerns which was overall budget, how Deseret it will be when installed, quality of footage both day/night, and for me it passes all marks

**If I find the link for the usb Hardwired cable I will post it.

Smashin'!

• Like 1

I can only agree, Mobius was the way for me too. It's cheap, easy to set up, and looks discrete. The only thing I did with it, that I changed the battery in it to a super capacitor as it handles the fact that the device is always being charged, much better.

@Sonic113, may I ask, what did you use to hardwire it? Do you have a link perhaps? - Thanks!

Here is the Hard wire Kit Link But it may be expired now but you can always look for the same cable again. This is the exact one I have been using for the past Year and a half with no issues at all.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3Meter-DC-12V-24V-to-5V-3A-Right-Angled-90-Degree-Mini-USB-Power-Converter-Cable-/130978719862?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Test_Measurement_Equipment_ET&hash=item1e7ef0a876&clk_rvr_id=686123527877&afsrc=1&clk_rvr_id=968621034191&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

• Like 1

my one is a x6, although its marketed under various names.

https://dashcamtalk.com/i1000-f70/

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Front-Rear-Camera-Dual-DVR-Recorder-Video-Dashcam-Novatek-G-Sensor-Movement-/161800098756?hash=item25ac0993c4:g:OnMAAOxy4fVTA1l8

currently selling on fleabay for £56.70

had it for almost 2 years, no problems

I got a transcend drivepro 200. Seems to work well so far but I'm yet to capture any dodgy driving by people. It has wifi mode so I can view footage on my phone through an app. I would have bought the drivepro 220 but I didn't have a choice on this one as it was a present. It works on full hd and the exposure can be adjusted to help with getting a clear image. The only thing I've noticed is the front widescreen heater wires shimmering in the light.

Thanks everyone for your info,I'll have to delve into it a bit more,but I'm going to get a front and rear camera with a parking mode.Cheers guys...

How do you guys find parking mode? I don't have it on mine, but my Dad was asking about how effective it and if it uses much battery and I really have no idea lol?

mine is really effective, the motion is good, the event is amazing, loud noises, thumps, not sure about someone keying your car but ive recorded people getting out their cars and their bags knocking my mirrors, it even picked up my jack squeeking when lowing my car on Saturday and recorded every detail of my cars 2 week trip to the garage to get fixed, unfortunately because they were constantly getting in and out the car, moving it from a to b, setting of motion and event alarms, it totally killed the battery, I have no idea how they charged the battery but it was wrecked, only brought it last year so took it to Halfords and they swapped it out for a new one.

Lesson to learn, if you take the car to the garage for an extended trip, turn the camera off!

Day to day tho, Mine has a voltage drop cut off and a time delay, if it drops below 12v it shuts itself down so as not to kill the battery, it hasn't ever shut off todate tho, it also has a time delay shut off, so if you parkup for a long time it will just turn itself off after a predefined period of time.

The Video I posted earlier of the accident was parking mode, recorded as two event detections, ive got dozens of motion detections as people an cars go by.

• Like 1

I use mine on motion detection, it is left powered on but with the screen timed out at 2 minutes so not consuming any more power than it needs to.

It picks people walking past the car and starts recording, I find with motion detection on almost any small change triggers it to record, once the event has finished it stops recording.

I have mine in the car sat for 8-12 hours generally between runs and so far no issues and mine has just a rubbish battery in it which lasts maybe 10 minutes or so.

• Like 1

oh, forgot to mention it has a thermal cut off as well in case it cooks its self. Some Cameras have batteries within them, they should be avoided, if, in the unlikely event that its ever a hot day in the UK, the batteries have a higher chance of cooking off, super caps are the alternative, they don't last long, just a few second in fact, but its long enough to record whatever just happened that killed power to your car, they are also less likely to cook off when hot,

edit

even in normal use they get pretty hot, on a freezing morning I have a small circle around the camera that's always clear, under the sun it can easily get much hotter, if I'm on a long trip ill direct some cool air to the window to help it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club