Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost 100 (17" Zetec S Alloys Classed As Optional Extra Or Non Standard

mikeyd1

Hi guys I was just wondering when doing my insurance would zetec s 17" alloys be classed as optional extra or non standard as u can't get them as optional when building the car as mine is just a zetec and only seems to have the option for 16" alloys. Cheers in advance

If you're changing them from the way you bought the car you must inform your insurance company, I think this is what you meant but took me a few reads to try understand what you're talking about.

Think what he meant was - you can't put the zetec S alloys on a standard Zetec when building the car from new? (But they're still Ford Fiesta alloys so would they still be standard?)

Would be looking at putting them on mine but unsure if it would sit/look right... (without lowering etc)

Was the car built with 17", or have they been fitted since it left the factory?

Depending on the insurer, some don't need to know about optional extras.

Bizarrely it is often cheaper to go with an insurer that doesn't count optional extras as mods, than the insurer with the cheapest quote then adding mods.

You will need to check with each insurer though...

Sometimes if your insurer agress, they can agree to let you have the mod but then wont cover them in a crash. So if you alloy wheels cost £500 (but didn't drastically affect any performance) and you wrote the car off, they would pay for the car but not the extra £500 for the alloys

Yeh i just want to know if they would be classed as a optional extra even tho u cant add them as a option from factory. Cheers

It depends on your insurers wording and when they were fitted.

Some will include dealer fit accessories prior to first registration as optional extras and so you will not even need to declare it as a result.

Some only include factory fit items as optional extras, anything else even prior to registration is a modification.

And as mentioned some (like Admiral) you have to declare every optional extra as a modification.

But if the wheels have been added since first registration then it is a modification no matter who you are with.

Yeh i know its classed as a modification but what mod a optional extra or non standard as u cant buy it as a otional extra i put these on my self after i bought the car. Cheers

If you fitted them yourself it is a modification.

Anything done to the car since it was registered is a modification.

Optional extras are only optional extras when they have been fit at the factory.

Ok thanks so i should put them down as non standard alloy wheels then?

Yes, that's what I did on my old Focus, where I changed the alloys (even though I switched to genuine Ford ones).

Options on zetec were an apperance pack which consisted 17 inch alloys and privacy glass, mine is zetec with that pack , so standard from factory

Oh i didnt no u could get 17s on a zetec from factory, interesting

Don't get Fiesta and Focus confused Ian.... :)

Opps, my mistake, wasnt paying attention . Lol

As said above Zetec + appearance pack / Sport pack as it was called on the older cars

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club