Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Worth Having A Service (Mk1)?

xcd

Hi, my MK1 was last serviced 2 years ago, in that time it's only done 4k miles, admittedly the worse kind, with most journeys between 2 & 10 miles, with maybe four 100 mile runs. My MOT is due this month, is it worth me having a service, the car runs great and the oil on the dipstick looks fine and I generally keep a good eye on all my fluids? Is a basic service worth me doing myself or for the sake of £100(?) every 2 years shall I just have it done?

Yes, at least change the oil & filter & preferably the full monty including brake fluid

• Like 1

Thanks, I'll splash out and have a service, the car is 16 years old on Thursday(registered date, built 6 months before) and also due to hit 33,500 miles so it can be an early birthday treat for it :D

• Like 1

does that mileage tally with old mot certificates if it does that's low very low

...brake fluid, antifreeze, pollen / air filters

will all degrade whether the vehicle is used or not..........

:-)

16 years old and 33, 500 miles wow!

your average asda supermarket trolley will clock higher mileage.......... :-D

Yep it's all legit, bought it off my grandparents who have had it since it was 6 months old, It was on ~30k when I got it in Sept 2014 but I don't use it much either (public transport to work, normally just drive the 1.5 miles to the station), just like the independence of having it if I need it and for weekends etc.

My other grandparent has an 02 focus that's only on about 35k, pensioners don't use cars much :) (although apparently neither do I).

Also apparently I don't know how to quote on this site.

Had the service and MOT, passed without a single advisory, not even done 2k miles since last year, ooops. Was only £94.75 for both which is good.