Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

What Annoys You About Your Ford?

Ianb

Well, we have the threads where we moan about other car makers and cars etc, but what are the big or little things that you wish Ford did, or didn't do, on your car?

Not including break downs or anything...

I'll start off with one of my annoyances (which has been and is easily solved with a quick small purchase) that is the original heater knobs that Ford used in the mk2 and mk2.5.... The finish in the whole car is nice, but those knobs looked nothing like anything...they were awful..

Your turn...

i hate were the hand brake leaver is on mine more near the passage seat :(

• Like 3

I hate the sorta 'limp-mode' thing my tivct does in the mornings. Won't rev past 3000 unless I restart the car. Any acceleration when this is happening, engine sounds under heavy load, very 'drone-like' and holding back considerably.

After restarting car 1/2 times it is fine. VERY annoying though.

Sent from the pub with a pint in the other hand.

I hate the lack of software updates for sync. Plus the fact that we seem to be the only ones that have to pay extortionate fraud stealer prices for a simple two minute job if we do want them.

• Like 1

Another thing I don't like is the aerials on the focus I have (and see still continues in the next generations)...bmw's, volvos an I'm sure many others have opted for the shark fin styles, which look nice and seem to blend, but the focus black pointy doodah is a bit classical no? I don't know the strength of the fins in comparison, but they Def look better...

Especially when on the later estates the aerial is at the back of the car and not the front!

• Like 2

That's the one thing I really don't like about the Mk2 Focus.

That's the one thing I really don't like about the Mk2 Focus.

It's weird I didn't like it at first, but now I'm used to it that when I jumped into a car with handbrake close by, I suddenly felt a bit hemmed in...

I do think it's awkward and a bit clunky to have it the other side of the armrest though.... Just used to it now lol...

I'm not keen on the massive hole in the floor!

post-45045-145321243138_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I'm not keen on the massive hole in the floor!

Is that standard or an optional extra . . . . :(

• Like 2

Pretty standard for a mk5 fiesta. I should have learned by now but I can't stop buying them!

• Like 1

I hate the rattle the rear number plate makes when I shut the boot on my Mk3 focus, I mentioned this to my mate who said his was exactly the same!

• Like 1

I hate the rattle the rear number plate makes when I shut the boot on my Mk3 focus, I mentioned this to my mate who said his was exactly the same!

Bit of foam double sided tape fixes that

The cost of getting a replacement key!

The extortionate cost of getting a code for your radio!

Having to buy a whole rear hub with sealed bearings when a simple bearing used to do the same job on older models!

I'm sure I'll think of more but that's enough to be getting on with :)

Still prefer Fords though ;)

Partner has 08 1.6 tdci zetec goes very well indeed pulls away like it means to get there soon. Once in 5th you can relax what a car. I have just bought a 14 1.5 tdci 18k much higher geared not half the car I thought it would be, perhaps it will get better. It just does not have the grunt of the 1.6 tdci I think the handbrake is on. But a nice car overall now with Spare wheel from Eba*. Hill start assist I don't need this now turned off, but hands free is welcome also USB.

You can get several packs of lager in the boot from Tesc*s

Being short, this is often all I can see of the digital display. When there's so much space, why did they have to put it at the bottom?

post-66356-145322249705_thumb.jpg

This has always annoyed me too. I assume it's because they use the same layout for both left and right hand drive and they sell more LHD so opted to put it on that side.

The only things I dont on my mk3 are that that drivers seat seems offset to the left so I constantly find myself squashing the seat bolster on the right. The other thing is the small channel up the centre of the front windscreen that takes longer to demist than the rest of it.

• Like 1

I don't have a Ford at the moment, but when we had the MK1 Focus I hated the lack of a low washer fluid warning light. The MK4 Fiesta had it so why would it have been so hard to incorporate to the Focus' instrument cluster!?

I don't have a Ford at the moment, but when we had the MK1 Focus I hated the lack of a low washer fluid warning light. The MK4 Fiesta had it so why would it have been so hard to incorporate to the Focus' instrument cluster!?

You get that feature if you have the trip computer unit in the space to the left of the instrument cluster.

stop start cutting engine out when -5 outside and still a fairly cold engine so luke warm air out vents then gets colder as i wait at lights. this is when the stop start button is used to keep engine running. better parameters required

• Like 1

The only things I dont on my mk3 are that that drivers seat seems offset to the left so I constantly find myself squashing the seat bolster on the right. The other thing is the small channel up the centre of the front windscreen that takes longer to demist than the rest of it.

One of my annoyances as well lol I have taken the parcel shelf out of mine as all it did was rattle + it didn't fit properly anyway. A major annoyance is lack of visibility, reversing sensors are to eager and the start stop is the most irritating jeffing thing on the whole damned car. I hate it, it doesn't work and there are that many stipulations to it, you may as well not bother having it on there. Don't have that problem with the VW hearse of the inlaws. Another annoyance is, it's blooming expensive to run and the engine sounds like a bag of spanners.

stop start cutting engine out when -5 outside and still a fairly cold engine so luke warm air out vents then gets colder as i wait at lights. this is when the stop start button is used to keep engine running. better parameters required

I'd never own a car with the start/stop feature. Absolutely STUPID idea.

Every time a mechanical part is used it wears out, so how is having a car engine stop and start (using the battery and starter motor) every *bleeping* time you come to a stop useful in the long run!?

If I want to save fuel I will turn the engine off MYSELF.

Although I suppose it wasn't really aimed at people like me, who warm their engines up for 5-10 minutes before driving :lol:

The handbrake position for me too.

I'd never own a car with the start/stop feature. Absolutely STUPID idea.

Every time a mechanical part is used it wears out, so how is having a car engine stop and start (using the battery and starter motor) every *bleeping* time you come to a stop useful in the long run!?

If I want to save fuel I will turn the engine off MYSELF.

Although I suppose it wasn't really aimed at people like me, who warm their engines up for 5-10 minutes before driving :lol:

I would think it's great for the traders and makers of starter motors and batteries, perhaps they were the main lobbyist for it the first place

What annoys me about my ford, is my white wheels and paintwork - and how dirty it can get especially in this weather!

I also don't like the coldness of the full leather seats when I get in, again speak in this weather

That's about it touch wood, and they're only minor. ...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club