Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Confusing Rose hip syrup for Rohypnol...LOL

GMX

I went to collect my Mum's prescription this afternoon.  Whilst I was waiting for it to be dispensed, a chap came in and asked for "the biggest bottle of Rohypnol they had on sale"

The assistant said they don't sell it over the counter, it always been a prescription drug, and only a private prescription at that, and furthermore it's not a liquid.  He then said that news to him, his Mum used to give it to him and his sister, by the cupful when they were kids.  He was quite adamant, he grew up with Rohypnol, it was a liquid, it was freely available without prescription and used to be sold in food shops too.

The assistant asked the pharmacist to have a word with him, as she thought he might be confusing the tranquiliser with something else.  The pharmacist asked him to describe his childhood , "Rohypnol" liquid.  He said it's reddish orange, it was quite sweet yet tangy, a thick liquid like a cordial. His Mum gave it to them in cupfuls whenever he or his sister had sore throats, colds and flu's. 

The pharmacist said, that sounds like Rose Hip Syrup, which we do sell in 250ml bottles.  The assistant gave him a bottle, he looked at it and declared it was what he'd taken as a child. He said he'll take all they had, rather than just the one bottle as he was sure, he has "one hell of a cold coming on".  After paying for his 15 bottles of rosehip syrup, he asked them what was Rohypnol then.

The pharmacist told him it was a quick acting and powerful tranquiliser: like Valium but faster and longer lasting, adding it's popular with rapists in the movies; but rapists in real life prefer ketamine, the horse tranquiliser.

41 minutes ago, GMX said:

The pharmacist told him it was a quick acting and powerful tranquiliser: like Valium but faster and longer lasting, adding it's popular with rapists in the movies; but rapists in real life prefer ketamine, the horse tranquiliser.

Good to know... :mellow:

Sharing useful knowledge there Mr Pharmacist :p

How many people could confuse rohypnol with hose hip syrup :p

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club