Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shark fin aerial

laumk7

I'm thinking of getting one for the roof of my car, spraying it white so it matches and so on. Would it A work ( I've got Dab), and B would it look right?

This is the fella I've been looking at http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00WA1PPLQ/ref=cm_sw_r_other_udp_awd_BQKPwbXEYYN4Z

Shark fin tends to look better towards the back imo, don't think it would look right at the front....

Very good valid point I hadn't actually considered tbh, ahhh well scratch that idea as drilling holes I ain't :tongue:

I always find the idea of how odd it would look interesting. After all, a sharks fine is in the middle :p

I am coming around / u turning on this, but I still ain't drilling...I'll get someone else to do it :tongue:

Try it first before you drill to make sure your happy with it no going back once the holes are made

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

I think it would look really strange on the front - they are usually on the back of the roof - I would just go for a stubby richbrook one if you want to change the look a bit.

I did see shark fin ones that look like they fit over the factory base though when I googled it so looked like no drilling. Would still look weird imo

I read somewhere that rear aerials don't work properly (if at all) for DAB reception.

Although I can't remember why it was, other than the signal will be patchy, if not poor to non-existent, from a rear placed aerial

Ignore^^^^^

Edited by GMX
Turns out to be incorrect

Ooh I might u turn back then, it was going to be on the back, I wasn't going to be doing the drilling though :ph34r:

I don't listen to the radio often but when I do I like it to actually be there lol

5 hours ago, GMX said:

I read somewhere that rear aerials don't work properly (if at all) for DAB reception.

Although I can't remember why it was, other than the signal will be patchy, if not poor to non-existent, from a rear placed aerial

My aerial is rear mounted and DAB works just fine.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

My aerial is rear mounted and DAB works just fine.

Oh well, whatever I read can't be right then:smile:

• Like 1

I want dab to work properly. Seems my standard aerial and connector doesn't offer great coverage...

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

On 26/01/2016 at 9:35 PM, jeebowhite said:

I want dab to work properly. Seems my standard aerial and connector doesn't offer great coverage...

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Didn't Mindel get a Ford's DAB upgrade kit for the Mondeo (Part No. KITAERIAL2) replacing her existing aerial cabling, mount and aerial itself then?

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_mondeo_aerial_upgrade_for_dab_radios_f_KITAERIAL2_c_1402.htm

How odd! It's cheaper for Mondeos:cool:

unfortunately the pricetag was / is too high for my budget at the moment :( still trying to find it cheaper!

also thats for 2008 to 2010

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club