Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Ebay and private setting.

jace1969

How do you make your items private what you have brought,say you go onto someone's Feedback you can hit the

''view item'' on some and not on others.

when you make a sale list it should give you the option to private or view in your listing just use private:smile:

You can make your feedback private, which in turn makes what you've bought private.

If a seller, has made their listing as Dez says private, no-body is able to see what item you've sold and what anyone has bought from you, except obviously the individual buyer.

However, unless it's something of an adult or personal nature you're selling, many people avoid buying from a seller whose sales are private because it's also a method dodgy sellers use, to hide dubious products. 

Additionally some sellers will cancel bids from from bidders with private feedback, not so much now; since negative feedback can only be left by buyers.  When it was reciprocal the non-payer or prolific "I haven't received and make a claim against the seller (even though I have it and want both the item and my money back)" would hide his negative feedback with the privacy setting.

I was just seeing as I cant find it anywhere to change it,I looked at a few places and a lot have this on so you cant view the item.

I never sell anything as don't have a sellers account so it would just be what I have brought so then people cant see what it was

like ''view item'' is Grey or not an option,cant find the setting.

42 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

I was just seeing as I cant find it anywhere to change it,I looked at a few places and a lot have this on so you cant view the item.

I never sell anything as don't have a sellers account so it would just be what I have brought so then people cant see what it was

like ''view item'' is Grey or not an option,cant find the setting.

Making feedback private, which will hide your items

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/feedback/profile-public-private.html

6 hours ago, GMX said:

Making feedback private, which will hide your items

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/feedback/profile-public-private.html

Cheers for that,if it wasn't for your link I would not of found it lol.

They said its at the bottom of the page now so will have a look

Cheers.

LOL :lol1: Despite using eBay a lot, I'd completely forgotten: your items aren't viewable after 90 days in your feedback list: should you want to return public feedback after that.

16 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm intrigued what you've been buying now haha. :P

LOL I got a surprise present and this person has eBay and I have been on a few times and seen this ''private''pop up.when i

look at some listing.

It was a phone:smile: about as interesting as it gets.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club