Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DEAD FIESTA 2003 MK6 1.4 HELP ASAP!

footfistart

Evening all I'm in abit of trouble. I went to part exchange this fiesta in the subjected titled above and went to start it to take it to get new car and went to start the car and NOTHING! Wouldn't even crank. So I thought maybe a light was left on or something so a quick jump start will sort it. Oh no it didn't. 

So I left my car in the fiesta to try and charge the battery and 15mins later trued cranking and nothing.

I've got no interior lights. Radio goes on. Got three lights when you out key in ignition which is oil pressure light, airbag and door open light. The clocks to move or light up. Wipers work. Haven't tried exterior lights. Immobilizer light doesn't flash which is odd. It's like the car is completely dead.

The car was driven yesterday which is why I though get maybe a light was left on and flat the battery.
I've tried all sorts of fuses to see if any are blown and nothing. Even looked at the bigger ones under the bonnet and nothing there good. I know how an immobilizer works but I don't know how it works on this car and what would stop the car from starting. The battery is good because I've got a brand new set of quite expensive jump leads and they tell you if the battery is good when you have completed the circuit. I went from my car to the fiesta to obviously try and jump it and then went from fiesta back to my car and the leads were saying that the battery is in good shape.

I have heard that you can reset the car by disconnecting the battery and leaving it over night which by then should reset the ecu and immobilizer but I don't know what to do. The car locks work when you lock/unlock (keyed entry rather than remote) but no flashing immobilizer. 

Is there a fuse or something that will knock that off as well as power to the interior? 

So now I have three cars. Not ideal. I had to push the fiesta to the other side of the car park so I could put the Jazz in its place.

I was fuming this morning and still upset now about it. So now I've got to Sorn the car and then sell it privately. I couldn't get break down to come out because after 12noon the jazz took over the insurance and I called just after 12 so the insurance is invalid and no breakdown for it. Typical because no have home assist too. So I'm going to have to wait for my brother inlaw to have a look and see what it could be. 

It could be a very easy fix which would be good or it could be a scrap yard job :(. I don't have another key or another battery to try. 

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Ryan

• Like 1

Strange that the immobilisor light doesn't flash at all. Straight up This would be what I'd look into.

On the 2002-2008 fiesta, the immobilsor comprises of your key, the transponder ring around the ignition barrel, the instrument panel & the ECU. Any of these parts could be at fault

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Do you not have any spare keys at all? Its the first thing I bought when I got my fiesta - perhaps try disconnecting the battery and resetting the ECU to start with - do you have a code reader at all?

Unfortunately I don't have a spare key. I have a code reader on order for the Honda jazz for anything in future.

I've got a millimeter so I'll use that tomorrow to see what the voltage is like on it.

What would stop the immobiliser from working or stop it flashing? Everything works IE wipers radio exterior lights and fans. I wouldn't of thought they would use much power?

What else could I try apart from disconnecting the battery? If I do how long for?

Have you checked the fuses and relays as well? Might just be an issue with the starter motor relay or something really simple like that.

• Like 1

Have you checked the fuses and relays as well? Might just be an issue with the starter motor relay or something really simple like that.

That wouldn't stop the immobilsor light flashing

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Might  be an earthing issue - this is on a focus but apparently the same issue on the Fiesta.

Looks like you might have also blown a fuse when jumping the car as well perhaps:

• Like 1

What fuse would I have blown. I have taken most of them out under the dash with no success. I'm just popping out to buy a multimeter to check the battery and then if that's dead then I'll put it on charge. I can't think about what else it could be?

It's fixed. 

It it was a blown fuse after all. Can't believe I didn't see it in the heat of the moment. But it starts and runs fine. I did a voltage check and the battery was12.7v

so now I can clean up the car and get it sold.

it was fuse f20 not sure what it does but it has a picture of a steering wheel on it. 

Many thanks for for your help. 

Im glad it was an easy fix.

ryan

• Like 2

23 hours ago, footfistart said:

It's fixed. 

It it was a blown fuse after all. Can't believe I didn't see it in the heat of the moment. But it starts and runs fine. I did a voltage check and the battery was12.7v

so now I can clean up the car and get it sold.

it was fuse f20 not sure what it does but it has a picture of a steering wheel on it. 

Many thanks for for your help. 

Im glad it was an easy fix.

ryan

Good job, its always annoying when its something really small, glad its all sorted now!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club