Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central fuse box seems wrong!

fladavid

Hi. 

I've just had a look at my central fuse box in the passenger side footwell and I'm puzzled. 

It has a completely different layout to the layout in the handbook and on the footwell cover so I can't see what fuse relates to the one in the book as you can see in the photos. 

Any ideas anyone? Its a 55 plate 2.0 Ghia.

Thanks.

Dave. 

2016-01-26 18.40.32.jpg

2016-01-26 18.39.58.jpg

In 2006 Ford changed from the old design GEM module/fuse box to he new design GEM module/fuse box. The old design GEM module/fuse box is no longer available. If the GEM module/fuse box needs to be changed it will be replaced by the new design. Both types of GEM module/fuse box are interchangeable.

The GEM module/fuse box installed into your car is the new design type. This suggests that it has been replaced in the past. The layout of the new design GEM module fuse box is described in the owners manual of a late 2006 (and onwards) Focus MK2 and MK2.5.

• Like 3

Thank you for that, I thought I was going mad looking at it and the book.

Why do you think the box might have been changed? Does it look moody that it has been? 

Can anyone possibly scan me the relevant pages from their handbook that supports this new fuse box so I can print it off and keep it in the glove box please? 

Thanks. 

The cloth cover with the fuse layout was only installed on cars with the old design GEM module/fuse box. The new desig GEM module/fuse box has a plastic protector which is installed onto the Gem module/fuse box itself.

The cloth cover with the fuse layout suggests that the car originally had the old design GEM module/fuse box. The GEM module/fuse box of the Focus MK2/MK2.5 is basically a computer controlled (CANbus) fuse box. This is a very sensitive part. Water ingress or incorrect connecting of accessoires (for example the wiring of a towing hook) are known causes of a defective GEM module/fuse box. I am not surprised if it has been replaced for such a reason.

• Like 1

There is also the possibility a previous owner installed the cloth cover as I did to mine (which is is new type of GEM module) : as I thought the footwell looked tidier with the cloth cover: than without it. :smile:

Which would of course, confuse any future owner, should I not point out the cover layout came off a different Focus and is not as the fuses relays behind it

• Like 1

Would this also mean that the auxiliary fuse box under the bonnet might have been changed too or does that not necessarily follow? 

I guess that the new style central fuse box that I now have is less susceptible to water ingress and failure? Hopefully! 

In case I can't get anyone to scan the relevant handbook pages for me can anyone give me any idea where I might find the correct pages online? 

• 3 months later...

I have been going equally mad for the opposite reason. My 2055 Focus has the old style fuse box and I have not been able to find any lists or diagrams for it. The Haynes manual and Hand book have the new style info but not the old. now I am understanding it better I will try and get an earlier hand book or manual.

Thanks for helping me out.

Check out my guides link under my posts on a PC.

There is a PDF file there with links to my PDF guides.

I have full fuse listings for early and late mk2/2.5 Focus fuseboxes that you should find of use.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Anyway apparently don't go through big puddles too fast or you'll soon be getting the new fusebox to go with the new fusebox paperwork you already have! 

• 3 years later...

I'm sorry but neither the Focus User Guide nor the Haynes manual identify what those relays are for.

R14 fuel pump relay, r5 daytime running lights

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 6:49 PM, fladavid said:

2016-01-26 18.39.58.jpg

an FG made in 2013 that's a very late one....  you can turn on more toys with the later ones

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club