Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fiesta 1.4 tdci

nizcross

Just changed my injector seals put everything back together now the engine is locking up and will only turn over so far with a spanner on the top pulley before it locks up again anyone else had this!?

is it physically locked or just hard to move as you will be coming up to maximum compression and is therefore much harder to move?

On Wednesday, January 27, 2016 at 8:09 PM, TomsFocus said:

Are you sure you didn't drop anything down the injector holes?

All that i think that will av gon down the injector holes was the bits of black gunge from where the injectors av been blowing!

On Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 5:17 PM, alfacloverleaf said:

is it physically locked or just hard to move as you will be coming up to maximum compression and is therefore much harder to move?

Yes its physically locking up and will not turn ova by spanner or by the key!

Not ideal for those bits of carbon to be dropping in there but they won't lock it obviously.  And you haven't done anything else at the same time?  Not changed cambelt or anything?

You haven't left it in gear while you're trying to turn it over have you?  Also, do these have a vacuum pump on the cam that you need to remove for the injector removal (I can't remember on the 1.4), I'd probably remove that and check it's all still turning as it should.

On Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 5:17 PM, alfacloverleaf said:

Yes its physically locking up and will not turn ova by spanner or by the key!

no car was running fine before apart from the blowing seals not changed cam belt or anything else and cars not in gear!no dint have to remove a vac pump!

Hmm, that's really odd!  I'm stumped without physically seeing it now.

Only thing I can think is that something has dropped inside, may even have dropped something inside the inlet that's then dropped into the engine once it was put back.  I guess the only option is to strip it down again to check. :(

• Like 1

Yes my mate whoz mechanic says i must have dropped something inside but i put tissue iside each of the inlet ports so cant understand what or how anythings dropped inside!is there anyway of trying to fish wot eva it may be that has dropped inside without having to take the head off?

Not really, unlikely to get anything out of an injector hole, and you won't get past the valves from an inlet hole. :(

• Like 1

Sounds like a piece of the hard black carbon deposits surrounding the injector has dropped in combustion chamber through the injector hole.

• Like 1

Yes my mate whoz mechanic says i must have dropped something inside but i put tissue iside each of the inlet ports so cant understand what or how anythings dropped inside!is there anyway of trying to fish wot eva it may be that has dropped inside without having to take the head off?

would a hard piece of carbon do that or would it jst compress it?!thats all that i think could have dropped down the injector holes because the holes ar too small to fit anything else down them!

hard carbon can stop the engine turning over,know someone who had that happen to him on the 1.6 tdci, he ended up having to remove head to get it removed unfortunatly.

it may be too late for you but there are tools out there that blank off the injector hole while cleaning the area. 

• Like 1

😢😢😢😢 am gutted was thinkin of tryin to get a thin tube down the injector holes fasten it to end of a hoover and try to suck all carbon back out anything to not have to take the head off cos then there is more cost of timing belt,head bolts,head skiming and head gasket set 😈

You don't need to skim a head that hasn't over-heated, good idea to check it's flat just in case though, also if the belt is fairly recent that doesn't really need changing either, if it's old it would need doing at some point anyway. 

You can try a hoover down the injector hole but I can't see it working myself, does save removing the head etc as you say so maybe worth a shot though.

• Like 1

Any one you know got a snake cam, they're thin enough to fit inside to look and they have a light on to see. You can get em cheap at places like maplin