Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Egr blanking plate guide 2.2engine

Darranw

Hi 

I've just got a TXS 2.2 and wanted to fit the blanking plate I've read about but I've searched on here but can only find the guide for a 1.6tdci it won't be the same location for the 2.2 engine tho

anyone know of a link 

cheers

Hi!  I am not an expert but there is plenty of advice out there.  Try You Tube.  Have just bought my 2nd Titianium x 2.2 and this has the PSA 200BHP engine.  The balance of advice appears to be first remove and clean the EGR valve and do this annually; 2nd fit a restriction plate on the EGR pipe back to the inlet manifold but don't block it off entirely although some more experts do.  I fitted a plate with an 8 or 9mm hole to reduce the amount of gas.  I have to say that the effect on my previous TX 2.2 where the EGRV is engine front left was much more impressive.  The PSA engine has the DPF too and that's another area for possible engine performance resfriction that could be addressed.

• Confused 1

So is the valve in the same place on the 175bhp engine

I've looked o YouTube and the ones I found where the older Mondeo St

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 31/01/2016 at 11:17 AM, Jezza7 said:

Hi!  I am not an expert but there is plenty of advice out there.  Try You Tube.  Have just bought my 2nd Titianium x 2.2 and this has the PSA 200BHP engine.  The balance of advice appears to be first remove and clean the EGR valve and do this annually; 2nd fit a restriction plate on the EGR pipe back to the inlet manifold but don't block it off entirely although some more experts do.  I fitted a plate with an 8 or 9mm hole to reduce the amount of gas.  I have to say that the effect on my previous TX 2.2 where the EGRV is engine front left was much more impressive.  The PSA engine has the DPF too and that's another area for possible engine performance resfriction that could be addressed.

Once the blanking plate has been fitted ( without a hole as this defeats the only reason to fit it ) the EGRV will never need cleaning again as it will no longer be processing recirculated waste exhaust gases

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

I have a 2011 Mondeo 2.2 TXS 200BHP auto estate. I have fitted the egr blanking plate. This throws up engine malfunction light and goes into limp home mode. From the information I have managed to gather. From the 61 reg onwards ford added extra engine protection into the ecu . This prevents complete blocking off of the egr valve even if it has had egr deleted with a remap. You can fit the restriction plate with 8 - 10 mm hole and this then overcomes the problem. Their have been suggestions of unplugging the egr . Im not sure of the affect this my have on other engine monitoring systems. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/8/2022 at 12:52 PM, Rodie1958 said:

I have a 2011 Mondeo 2.2 TXS 200BHP auto estate. I have fitted the egr blanking plate. This throws up engine malfunction light and goes into limp home mode. From the information I have managed to gather. From the 61 reg onwards ford added extra engine protection into the ecu . This prevents complete blocking off of the egr valve even if it has had egr deleted with a remap. You can fit the restriction plate with 8 - 10 mm hole and this then overcomes the problem. Their have been suggestions of unplugging the egr . Im not sure of the affect this my have on other engine monitoring systems. 

If someone has ha the EGR mapped out correctly, there should NOT be any DTCs being generated in relation to the EGR

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club