Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coming from a BMW125D

Andru

Due to job circumstances I am trading in my 2014 BMW 125D for a Fiesta Ecoboost 1.0 Titanium. I like a bit of go in my cars, my BMW is mapped to produce 277bhp and 388Ft lbs torque, up from 218bhp standard. I have read a fair bit on remaps etc for the Ecoboost but still not certain which way to go. Would I be better off buying the 100 or 125bhp versions with the savings in cost for the lower power model? I seem to read that both with a map will reach the same power figures, is the correct? 

I know this has probably been done to death but as tuners and maps develop which would be the best to go for today for the best grunt per £?

53 views and no replies, I guess I asked the wrong question.

Anyway I px my 125D today for a Fiesta Ecoboost 64plate 125 Titanium and will be getting the Bluefin remap, I found this out after spending most of the day researching on the net. I just hope I have made the right choice.

Sorry to hear about your job circumstances. Not to sound biased, but I've always been fond of the look of a 2009 onwards Fiesta but never the 1-series or the latter's practicality and rear passenger space (not sure if it's improved on the BMW F20 over the E87).

Don't get me wrong, I love BMW's too; the E46, E90, E92, F30 and F80/82 are all which I'm very fond of. No offence but I've never been one for a 1-series; but that is just my personal opinion. Honestly though, you have got a massive kick/gain in BHP from your 125D.

As for your Fiesta, I think you've made the right choice too. I hope you enjoy the vehicle, it can be extremely fun to drive. :)

All the best.

P.S. Unfortunately on this forum you might not always get answers/replies, I learned the hard way as none of my threads have responses. :(

Yep, redundancy after 25 years could be crap if it happens to me in the next few weeks, 51 and on the scrap heap ! 

The 1 series is certainly one for the 'eye' and a certain level of person, the 125D mapped is incredible to drive though. 0-60 in around 5.5 secs for an oil burner is not to be sniffed at!

Thanks for the vote of confidence on the 125 Fiesta, I am now erring on the Celtic tune remap @ 158bhp for £360.There are so many remaps out there and thats why I asked my original question, personal feedback is a wonderful thing.

Cheers for the reply @Obnoxious

Edited by Andru
spelling
  • Like 1

hey buddy been bit busy buddy to reply nice choice same as ma car :D i got the bluefin remap and it totally changes the car and im getting decent mpg too :D here is ma project page for some ideas too buddy :) defo made right choice :) 

• Like 1

What is the difference between bluefin remap or the rs tuning or celtic are these different shops that remap which is the best I want to remap myfiesta as well

I have the 100ps remaped to 137 with bluefin. Very happy with it as the remap seems to only kick in when I want to with a heavy foot. 

Embrace the new Fiesta for the little marvel it is. In many ways (not HP of course) you are upgrading to one of the best engines in the world.

• Like 1

Can you not look at the 140 as an option?