Do Not Sell My Personal Information

stalling issues

bertie

Hi. Just recently bought a sportKa on a 2007 plate. The car has 37500 on the clock and has started giving me problems when i start the car up. The car fires up fine but a second later either stalls or nearly stalls. If it doesnt stall then i have to give a little blip of the accelerator to pull it up to normal revs. Realy sruggling to find any answers, just putting it out there to see if anyone has experienced anything similar or the same! Thanks

Does it stall when you are below certain revs? I had a issue were i would come to a stop and put the clutch in and it would cut out and made me loose my steering. 

Dan 

Hi Dan. No its just on start up,seems to be when the engine is cold,its either near stallin and i have to give it a few revs, or it tatally stalls due to lack of revs?it drives spot on,its only after shes fired up?was just putting it out there to see if there were others with the same issue before sending it to the garage

First thing would be change the fuel filter as it should be pretty cheap and clogged fuel filters can cause problems and don't get changed as often as they should.

Second would be get it some diagnostics to see if any error codes are present.

I had a similar issue, which was the fuel filter housing was cracked.