Do Not Sell My Personal Information

F. Fiesta handbrake slightly on at all times. ANY HELP?

DanielLO

Hi!

I'm new in the forum so please excuse if I did not follow the correspondent procedures. 

I'd like to see if I can get any help and fix myself this problem. 

I have a Ford Fiesta 2003 Zetec which I bought second hand. (I think the car was stationary for a long time)

Since a bough it I realice that when moving the car from stop there is a lag, sometimes that lag makes the car to stall, specially when moving from stop position. 

After a friend drove the car for a bit told me that looks like the handbrake is slightly 'on' therefore the feeling of lagging when start moving. Also, you can feel the handbrake loose before completely pushing it back. (In other words, the first 35% when applying the handbrake feels complety loose)

Is this a easy one? Anything similar happend to you? Any help?

Much appreciated!!!

D

Sounds like the springs on the handbrake cable in the drum unit aren't pushing the handbrake off, then the handbrake itself will need readjusting to take up the slack

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

If its been standing for a while the rear drums will be rusty, you need to strip the rear brakes and clean the rust/muck out. I'd also replace the brake shoes

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club