Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Mk5 Fiesta Toad RK30 installation??!

Limmy.

Hi, 

I have just taken delivery of a Toad RK30 remote central locking system, opened the box to find absolutely no installation instructions, not even a wiring diagram or key!
I've spent the last 2 hours trawling through the internet searching for instructions - I've built up a base knowledge of what I need to do but I don't know which wires I'll need to splice in to in the car.. (a 2001 MK5 fiesta freestyle)
Anyone with experience, please please please help me out, I'm quite honestly stumped.

Thanks in advance!

• 3 months later...

RED = + 12 VOLTS SUPPLY
BLACK = GROUND
ORANGE IGNITION SENSE NOT NORMALLY CONNECTED
RED/BLACK = LOCKING POLARITY
RED/YELLOW = LOCKING POLARITY
GREY/RED = LOCK PULSE
BLUE/RED = UNLOCK PULSE
BLUE/YELLOW NOT USED
GREY/YELLOW NOT USED
BLACK/WHITE = RIGHT INDICATOR
BLACK/GREEN = LEFT INDICATOR
BROWN/WHITE = TIMED TOTAL CLOSE O/P

WIRING DIAGRAMS

https://www.scribd.com/doc/8204594/Ford-Fiesta-1995-2001-Zetec-Wiring-Diagram-Petrol-and-Diesel

I originally used a website called fiestaguides.co.uk but it doesn't appear to exist anymore, tried looking it up with the Wayback Machine but the page was never archived.

I installed mine under the floor on the drivers side of the car as all required wires are easy to tap into by removing the door card and dropping the internal fusebox. The locking polarity wires are for if the car uses negative or positive pulse locking. If i remember right both are connected to positive in the 2001 Fiesta. Make sure the 12v feed is not switched as when the ignition is off it will cut the power to the module, locking you out. There is a fuse you can use for the permanent 12v Supply, fuse 44 comes to mind but don't quote me on this! I would recommend connecting the Orange ignition sense (Fuse 18) even though it says not normally connected as this is for programming the fobs. LH indicator wire is Blue/Black RH Indicator is Blue/Yellow, some guides say wire up to hazard switch, do not do this as when you indicate it will act the same as the hazards. There are 3 wires on the drivers door lock, the orange is the supply, i cannot remember which is lock and unlock but you could always test with a window open to ensure you are not locked out before permanently connecting them.

Iwould have looked at the wiring but i no longer have the fiesta i done the wiring to! i now have OEM Central locking and mismatched keys! one for doors and one for ignition!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club