Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear bumper removal on mk3

Bengillam

Hey all, does anyone have a good guide for removing a rear bumper? Or a video? I need to check the vents behind mine trying to track down a major leak problem never taken a bumper off before so don't want to do it wrong and break it

thanks

hi there I've had the same leak on mine mk3 tdci focus, there's two bolts on the top of each side of the bumper you can see those then there's 3 screw bolts In each wheel arch need a torx bit to remove those then two plastic tac pins underneath at the bottom. The bumper is clipped all around the top so once removed all bolts etc take care to pull it off. My vents where leaking around there gaskets water filling the space behind them and over into the boot turn into the car as well I'm trying to dry mine out as we speak have the carpets lifted up I the rear of the car. If you look under the boot area near the bumper on both sides there are two rubber bungs pull them out and let the water drain off. I'm going to silicone mine up with strong stuff to stop them leaking

have s look dezwez post tells you all about it I found it really helpfull hope you get it sorted check your car inside underneath the carpets mine where soaked also under the back seats in mean wet soaked about half way through

all best tony 😊

That's that's a lot better described. Yes been reading wes180s thread had the bung out last night now I just need to get the bumper off will keep an eye on the weather for a dry day to get this done .

seemed to only be my passenger side affected but suffice to say front and back foot wells full of water. Been trying to sponge and paper towel as much as I can but think I need to try and lift carpet. Have  you had the rear seats and bench out then? Once took my previous Puma apart to treat any signs of rust on the inside was a bit of a mission but gave up at the dash as I couldn't quite get it out, was funny sitting in my car with no seats! 

sorry for late reply mate I've taken rear seats out there's 6 bolts took off cup holder things and pulled it back did it all carefully so not too damage anything else it was soaked in thinking its been leaking for a long time because my carpet's soaked through was definitely the vents in my case I've stopped it leaking in I just need to clean up. Pretty poor design ford more and more people are getting this leak in my opinion they should recall and fix it for all focus cars imagine the damage its doing hope u get it sorted mate all best

I've seen a few posts relating to rear leaks and talking about the vents and gaskets near the rear bumper. Are the vent gaskets disrupted just by removing the bumper? I'm asking as my bumper has, in the past, been resprayed and was taken off. I have 'Keyless Entry' and the cable to the antenna under the rear bumper was routed wrongly. I didn't want to take/loosen off the bumper, and find I needed to either replace the gaskets or had more work to do than I thought by having to reseal them.

• 3 years later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club