Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo MK4 2.0 TDCI DMF and clutch changed

Wappygixer

Just finished and emergency change of mt DMF and clutch.

I knew it was starting to go but thought I would and 2-3 months before it would realisticaly need doing giving me warmer and longer days in which to do it. How wrong was I. It went within 4 weeks and it went big time. The vibration felt through the clutch pedal was unreal. So I bit the bullet and ordered all of the parts required. DMF, clutch kit and CSC all made by LUK.

I replaced the same parts in my old MK3 in a day and it went quite smoothly. The MK4 had other ideas. The clamp that secures the cat to the turbo was seized and needed cutting off, the centre section of the exhaust mounts were also corroded and needed cutting off (didn't actually need removing but I did it as it made it easier for me) and the gearbox bolt next to the cat and turbo unit snapped whilst removing, and to top it off the track rod ends were seized as well so got cut off and replaced

I opted to remove the subframe completely and I wanted to remove the gearbox to replace the CSC and I also had to drill out and re-tap the broken bolt.

All in all it taken just over 2 days to do on the road side but its done and what a difference it's made. Had the tracking done this morning and it's all sweet.It was certainly a test I'll not want to repeat in a hurry but now it's done I feel a huge sence of acheivment.

If I could have afforded £1200 the garage wanted I would probably have paid them to do it but I didn't. I have now saved about £800 in labour. Mo doubt if I had a drive and or garage it would have been a bit easier.

To anyone who has done this before or is about to attempt it I salute you for your efforts

• Like 1

done two a few years back its a lot of striping out and that sub frame how heavy is that:smile:

well done though i no how much goes in to it:happy:

Yep that subframe weighs quite alot, especially when trying to put it back up on your own. I was lucky enough to get some help with the gearbox though. I don't think I could have managed that on my own.

i hated that silly clamp that swings over the bottom of the steering column  to steering rack it said to renew that bolt as well i didn't bother 

but they were fine not being renewed:smile:

• Like 1

The worst part for me was the clamp for the cat to the turbo. Took me and age to get off and and age to get back on. In the end I used a bolt with a couple of nuts to pull it apart enough to get back on. Not much room at the back of the engine

• 4 weeks later...

Just had new clutch on my 2009 Mondeo 2.0l tdci along with Dmf fitted under used car warranty at ford . It was initially slipping m new clutch smells horrendous and the car smells whilst parked up on the drive from outside the vehicle . Is this usual is there a bedding in period , will the smell go ??

• 5 years later...

I’m doing this at the moment and it’s a nightmare. Im pretty sure I’ve stripped everything I need to but I’m struggling to separate the box from the engine, so I’ve reattach the engine mount as I need to find whatever is holding it together

Is there a 'hidden' bolt some where....? 

I thought I had them all out, clearly not - so I’ve reattached the engine mount so I can have a closer look. That gearbox wasn’t for budging...

• 1 month later...

i had my dmf and clutch done, by a fiend but there is no turbo now, all hoses are connected and no faults come up, any ideas

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club