Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Mk6 08 Upgrades

Eddieboi

Hi all,

So I've been a member on these forums for a while, also great to read these mod/project threads. Recently I got signed off as a qualified Duty Manager...woohay!...which means I'll get paid a little more.

Since I plan to keep my fiesta as long as I can...since I would need to save up a while to even get a new car I thought I would invest in some small improvements

Also I am guessing these "mods" would increase my insurance...how much I do wonder, although I am kinda glad im 29 lol

- New headlights LINK

I absolutely hate the ones with the car so I was thinking about maybe getting a new pair to make the front end of the car look a lil bit nicer lol My understanding is these aftermarket lights tend to require some wiring...is wiring relatively simply?...think I have seen a few old threads talking about wiring new headlights up etc. 

- Induction Kit LINK

So not entirely sure if it's worth getting one, let alone how to install one (guess thats where my younger brother comes in handy!)...some advise would be great. My understanding is other than the engine sounding a bit nice I should get some gains in mpg and acceleration etc. 

- Bodykit

At some point I would like to get a body kit for the car...give it a new cool look...and I know this will be the most expensive part of the upgrade since that will defiantly hike up my insurance somewhat...and the cost both for buying the body kit and getting it painted and fitted.

Finding it a tad confusing in finding a body kit for a 5 door mk6 fiesta...but ill keep looking...I might end up getting a bumper first but we shall see!

Any suggestions of sites I should buy from, advise etc would be great!

First,

Headlights

Those lights are extremely common. if you're after a different look, why not take a look at my guide on retrofitting Projectors into your current headlights? You could also add DRL angle eyes if you wanted.

Induction kit

Don't bother. You'll look like a chav & the car won't go any faster. Chances are you'll just suffer from heatsoak. Our engines are just weak and they always will be I'm afraid. although piper cams add 12bhp.. for £400

Body kit

Front & rear bumpers can be swapped between 3&5 doors.

Sideskirts only fit one or the other. You could always buy some, cut them, fit them & fill the gap.

Spoilers only fit one or the other.

Take a look at st or Zetec s body parts. All the aftermarket kits look ridiculous.. including some of the dealership additions (eg spoilers bigger than the ST.. on a front wheel drive car)

Fordpartsuk are good for parts new. If not, it's scrapyards and eBay. If you need any Ford part numbers send me a message

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Good site that...and whilst i think about it I need to get a new RH electric wing mirror replacement since everytime I lock the car and the mirror folds in the RH side one just makes that god awful sound like it really wants to fold in even more!

Admittedly I like those lights I linked mainly due to with the current lights has that god awful dome bubble effect in it if you kinda get what I mean.

Good site that...and whilst i think about it I need to get a new RH electric wing mirror replacement since everytime I lock the car and the mirror folds in the RH side one just makes that god awful sound like it really wants to fold in even more!

Admittedly I like those lights I linked mainly due to with the current lights has that god awful dome bubble effect in it if you kinda get what I mean.

I like the little some bit, goes with the curve of the bonnet

The powerfold mirrors just break again anyway so you may as well take the fuses out haha

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• 4 years later...

Is it possible to turbo 1.3l ?

the engine bay seems kinda tight.

And also is it possible to convert it from drums to discs?

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club