Do Not Sell My Personal Information

REplacement Key HELP

samuelodog

Hi,

My wife lost all out spare keys, been quoted 200 for each (one ford, one citroen). Anyone know if I could just get of these:

http://www.carkeyhelp.co.uk/products/Ford-Focus-C%252dMax-transponder-key-HU101T.html

Then get it cut and program it myself? Is this possible?

Thanks!

Do you know your key code?I would try a auto locksmith.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Will the key code be in the car docs?

Also looking at this kinda thing:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Control-REPLACEMENT-INTERIOR-ELECTRONICS-TRANSPONDER/dp/B00GARDJLO/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1454339985&sr=1-1&keywords=ford+cmax+key

But I cant seem to see anywhere if it will start the car - or if it will only do the doors etc.

I need to know this also. I only got one key when I bought the car. Timpsons charge £60 for a second key including programing.

2 hours ago, NOS707 said:

I need to know this also. I only got one key when I bought the car. Timpsons charge £60 for a second key including programing.

that's not a bad price m8

3 hours ago, samuelodog said:

Hi,

My wife lost all out spare keys, been quoted 200 for each (one ford, one citroen). Anyone know if I could just get of these:

http://www.carkeyhelp.co.uk/products/Ford-Focus-C%252dMax-transponder-key-HU101T.html

Then get it cut and program it myself? Is this possible?

Thanks!

I would try an auto locksmith

Keys are cheap enough on eBay or similar, programming the remote part is easy and any one can do it. Programming the transponder is the harder part and requires either Ford IDS diagnostics or Forscan with the extended programming and a modified ELM 327 interface.

Whether you go for a non remote key, remote key or flip remote key is just down to personal choice, but all 3 will need coding to the car to start it.

5 hours ago, NOS707 said:

I imagine £60 is for a non remote key from Timpsons?

• 1 month later...

Hi google  <Auto Locksmiths near me> and choose a reputable guy and not just anyone. Do NOT buy from eBay amazon etc as then your asking the locksmith to do a part job which he will NOT do. Will he break an £80 cutter on pig iron NO. He will be able to come to you and supply cut and code new key/s on site totally hassle free, much cheaper than the dealers and with a good quality key and not some garbage copy made in china.

www.autolocksmiths.net 

www.locksmiths.co.uk

Here you will find an experienced qualified guy to do the job. Just go to the search by postcode. The right keys and the right diagnostics for the job.

alaLogoLarge.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club