Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Petrol Terraclean

SteveGSXR600K1

Hi all,

Just thought I'd let you know that I wanted to see what a difference a Terraclean would do to my 1.6 Ti-VCT (125) engine. It's quite a disappointing engine to be honest and wished I got the Titanium-X with the 1.6 EcoBoost engine. There's little, if any, torque if you're in 5th and you need to drive it like a 2-stoke by knocking it down a couple of gears and booting it! Mine's only done 39K miles and I don't know how it was driven for the 27K miles before me, so I thought I'd try a Terraclean. I had a service on Thursday, and driving it to work on Friday was quite a noticeable improvement. I had the Terraclean done on Saturday, and the drive to work on Monday was a similar improvement again. It felt smoother and quieter, and more responsive during the warm-up period. It's still not going to blow my socks off, but happy with the results which are probably a mixture of the service and Terraclean. I wasn't expecting a vast improvement as this is more likely if you have a diesel. 

I'll see how it goes with MPG when I next fill up.

• Like 2

nice to read - I was going to get this done my my old Mondeo but never got round to doing it

I have been wondering if this would be worth doing, I have recently got a petrol 1.6 2010 Zetec S it's only done 35000 miles. Out of Interest how much did it cost you?

It cost £108. 

It did make a difference to mine, and your's is pretty much the same, so should see an improvement. Also, it's piece of mind that it's had a good clean-out!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club