Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EML query - Ford Focus 2006 1.6 Ti-VCT

audin

Hi, apologies if this is in the wrong section.

I have a 2006 Ford Focus Mk2, 1,6 Ti-VCT and I've had engine management light on and off for a while now. The codes I have are:

P2300 - Ignition Coil A Primary Control Circuit Low
P2003 - Ignition Coil B Primary Control Circuit Low

I figured that in order to fix this i'd need to replace the coil pack and HT leads (already changed spark plugs). However a friend of mine (who is very good with cars, i'm not!) is adamant that the problem is caused by the connection from the wiring loom to the coil pack, and that I need to replace this section of the wiring loom instead.

Can anyone tell me if anyone else has had this same problem and was the issue caused by the wiring loom connection? It's not that I don't trust my friends opinion, i'd just like to get other views as it's proving very difficult to find a scrap yard that has a car with a Ti-VCT engine in it and there's nothing suitable on eBay.

Photos of effected wire attached. The one showing the wire with red tape is post attempted repair (that hasn't helped). Other photo is pre-attempted repair.

Thanks!

20160202041407.jpg

20160202043752.jpg

without seeing the damage itself, its hard to say, but your friend likely has a valid point.

Replacing the coils and HT leads is good practice anyway, but if the connector is suspect I would agree its worth exploring this avenue.

34 minutes ago, jeebowhite said:

without seeing the damage itself, its hard to say, but your friend likely has a valid point.

Replacing the coils and HT leads is good practice anyway, but if the connector is suspect I would agree its worth exploring this avenue.

Wires are exposed, some broken.

Do you think it's going to be possible to snip and solder the bit I need from another wiring loom or will I need to replace the whole wiring loom?

Forgot to add, the symptoms this causes is that for a week or two at a time the car threaten to stall (and sometimes does) and briefly loses power now and again whilst driving. The EML will go off after a week or two and then be fine for a few weeks before returning again...

Most likely is the reason then but yeah you can snip and solder.

Colleague of mine did this recently on his corsa for example and it's working perfect.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, jeebowhite said:

Most likely is the reason then but yeah you can snip and solder.

Colleague of mine did this recently on his corsa for example and it's working perfect.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Cheers :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club