Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cant upgrade Sync - Focus SE 2015

andresmorago

Hello to all.

Im trying to upgrade the Sync system on my brand new Focus SE 2015 (no touch interface) but i havent been able to do so.

I downloaded a zip file from ford website: FR3T-14D544-AL.zip and unzipped it.
Inside, there are 2 files (autoinstall.lst and install.lst) and a folder (SyncMyRide).
I placed these files and folder on a 16GB FAT32 USB drive. There are located on the root.

Since none of the instructions showed at the Ford website match to my car, im curious about the correct procedure to update my Sync system.

So far, i have done the following, with no luck at all.
1) Inserted USB pendrive on USB port (tried with both)
2) Hit MENU
3) Go to SYNC-Settings
4) Go to Install on SYNC
5) Hit YES when "Begin SYNC installation" message shows
6) At this point i get a "Installing SYNC file..." for 1 second, then a File not found error.
7) Im stuck here

Please find attached pictures of the actual console and screen menus.
I will greatly appreciate any information.

Capture.JPG

6.jpg

7.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

as far as I know the only files you can download from Ford are for american versions of the car.
EU/UK can't be upgraded that way and you need to have it done at a Ford dealer...

You can download sync updates on the ford India website if you register. I have done this but am also having trouble with the files when installing them in the car.

The only SYNC updates on Ford India are for the previous version, as fitted to the Mk3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I managed to register to the Ford india site and get the update for my SYNC 2 . Nothing major just updates to work with SIRI on the iPhone and fix some blue tooth issues. Seems strange that everywhere else in the world you can get these updates apart from the UK. It checks against your VIN so you know that its the correct update.

1 hour ago, RobGates said:

I managed to register to the Ford india site and get the update for my SYNC 2 . Nothing major just updates to work with SIRI on the iPhone and fix some blue tooth issues. Seems strange that everywhere else in the world you can get these updates apart from the UK. It checks against your VIN so you know that its the correct update.

I'm guessing it has to do with the commercial decision to install "sync 1" in many 2013-14 Ford cards when they should have had sync 1.1 like everywhere else in the world.

Now once you try to upgrade you realise that sync 1 was dead from the get go. For example, my card did not get a single update after it was built, just because a couple of months later they swtich to the "incompatible" sync 1.1.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club