Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wrong NCB?

Maxxxykins

My insurance came up for renewal at the end of January, I upgraded to an ST and insurance was cheaper with AXA than "achoice" who I was with, I didn't cancel my existing policy, I just bought a new one and said I didn't want to renew with "achoice".

On my renewal letter, it stated correctly that I have 3 years NCB, but when I asked for complete proof they have only put 2?

I've said that this is wrong but have yet to hear from them, has anybody had a similar experience?

Only thing I can assume is you asked for proof before the end of your policy year, either way though I'd be calling them and asking why the change.

Still waiting on them to reply, Achoice are useless.

I rang them up before my renewal to get a quote as I changed cars and they just kept passing me around...

Did you cancel the achoice policy or not renew it? Theres a difference there. 

If you cancelled it even a few days before the renewal then you wouldnt get that years NCB as it was not a full year. If you lapsed the renewal then yes you should have 3. It could be an agent looking at it wrongly  

3 hours ago, mills705 said:

Did you cancel the achoice policy or not renew it? Theres a difference there. 

If you cancelled it even a few days before the renewal then you wouldnt get that years NCB as it was not a full year. If you lapsed the renewal then yes you should have 3. It could be an agent looking at it wrongly  

Hmm I purposely worded it as to not "renew" my policy when I told them about it,

If they come back and state that I have the emails to prove it either way.

Tried calling twice and I just get hung up on... so i've emailed them again.. forwarding my last email that they replied to 5 days ago, saying they will resolve the matter within 5 days.

Glad I never had to go through a claim with these bunch of clowns.

You might find AXA will accept the renewal letter stating 3 years anyway then you needn't worry about contacting your previous insurer.

On 09/02/2016 at 5:28 PM, alexp999 said:

You might find AXA will accept the renewal letter stating 3 years anyway then you needn't worry about contacting your previous insurer.

Tried that! Although it had my 3 years entitlement it didn't match their criteria, it didn't show the end date of my policy on the whole document funnily enough.

I rang achoice up yesterday and spoke to a very helpful guy who pointed out the last agent I spoke to noted down I had two years NCB for some reason, but on the actual system and my previous documents I supplied to them it added up as 3.

All sorted now though :smile:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club