Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Build thread and modifiactions and ideas?? :)

Jimmyapage

So I've been on here a while looking through on what everyone's done and just wanted to share a couple of my mods, and ask a couple of questions mods so far; Blue led footwell, Mudflaps, leather heated seats (no heating buttons :( ), new stereo, Speakers, subwoofer, wrapped interior kind of, front bumpers re sprayed black, calipers sprayed and a blue zetec S badge. Ill post some pictures shortly :D a few questions for everyone tho has anyone found anywhere where I can get the heated seats switches and pannel for less that 70 quid (looked on ebay) and I was considering the k&n air filter kit with box whoever has this mod is it worth It? Oh and my car is a 2L mk2.5 petrol focus zetec s :)

InstagramCapture_991b576f-3560-4eac-a501-1f21596d5a73.jpg

InstagramCapture_7e778e48-bb4d-4f09-919c-b1057ae248eb.jpg

car looks good matey. keep an eye out on eBay or try breakers yards for the switches.

i think you need to lower it ;-)

was thinking about lowering it but I drive round to many country roads for that tbh the mud flaps catch sometimes asit is! Forgot to mention I did a lot of sound proofing too, doors, bonnet and boot

K&n airfilter is worth its massively noticeable but I have noticed better gear changes, mpg and nice grrr sound to :) got my filter on amazon £113 

Edited by Dan panda
  • Like 1

ideas eh ? well if i owned the O.P.'s car i would be considering...........

removing all the side graphics , it looks dated tbh.

repainting calipers to a more subtle yet clean & modern silver

ditching all the standard bulbs in the rear lights cos they are complete pants and replace with hi-power leds if it doesnt already have the ford led lights

fitting heko wind deflectors

checking that i actually have the heated seat wiring loom behind the console before rushing out and spending £70 or more on a switch assembly............

cleaning the alloys properly before uploading photos for the whole world to see ;-)

oh and last picture , it looks like your front and rear tyres are different sizes  ?? , ie the rear tyres look skinnier than the fronts

man that would give me many sleepless nights lol

The tires are the same ahaha, its just the lighting, and I know the wheels need a clean, but every-time i do they get dirty after 5 mins so im gonna wait for the summer tbh, as for the graphics i did want to remove them, but they where on the car from stock so i peeled one back and the paint was a slightly different shade and i cant afford a re spray. Have you got a link to the LED Bulbs for the back lights? or know the bulb sizes. And have you used the Heko wind deflectors? Had them on my fiesta and they just made more road noise due to the way they fitted into the window. As for the seats I'm tempted in looking up what type of switch they are and hard wiring a rotary switch into the plastic portion of the seat itself. K&N set next i think!

3 minutes ago, Jimmyapage said:

Just noticed the blue on my S badge has gone? anyone had this before

some !Removed! has probably nicked it :angry:

I painted the middle black but doenst look good ordered a new one :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Debadged an new exhaust tip, also did a custom paint job on my S badge as the Blue went walkie's anyone know how i can sort out my folded window seal? couldnt seem to find that part of seal to buy anywhere 

IMG_20160312_092004.jpg

1457787913268.jpg

1456758816316.jpg

looks like a scrappy might be your best bet! is there a small tear just where it folds in? my old mans corolla had this issue and you just couldnt get it back to how it was supposed to be without changing it.

your car is looking good so far and you could may be see about having your front grill sprayed gloss black as I have done and many others on here boy does it make a difference

• 2 weeks later...

Laquered up the grills removed s badge and colour coded the bonnet lip! New set of tyres also :)

IMAG0002.jpg

IMAG0001.jpg

There is a small tear where it folds and I've tried forcing it in the right place and heating but it just flaps back in and b4zz I have already glossed the front grills black looks much better than grey 

Has anyone had a good method of de chromeing the bonnet lip as the chrome wouldn't sand and it looked great for a week but even leaving the clear coat to harden for 72 hours it's chipped off back to chrome in places already. Need to remove the plating to allow for the paint to stick if anyone knows how

21 hours ago, Jimmyapage said:

Has anyone had a good method of de chromeing the bonnet lip as the chrome wouldn't sand and it looked great for a week but even leaving the clear coat to harden for 72 hours it's chipped off back to chrome in places already. Need to remove the plating to allow for the paint to stick if anyone knows how

surprised that the chrome lip wouldnt sand! did you use 240, 320, 400 then 600 grit to get rid of it?

If that didnt work for you then i'd suggest you wrap it. I've dont mine in a carbon wrap and its good. i was tempted to do it in a 6d (yes 6d!) wrap but i remember that mine is sikaflex bonded so have left it as it is.

• 2 months later...

I ended up soaking it in bleach for a couple of days and then using an orbital sander on the rest learnt my lesson though, gpoing to leave that to harden for a month before i swap it on. 

Finally got some new GEL badges though if people could let me know what they think! (There where a tiny bit to small so i need to metallic silver sharpie around the edge when its dry again)  

636014974285018582.jpg

On 04/02/2016 at 11:52 AM, Jimmyapage said:

was thinking about lowering it but I drive round to many country roads for that tbh the mud flaps catch sometimes asit is! Forgot to mention I did a lot of sound proofing too, doors, bonnet and boot

how  much did the sound proofing cost, and how noticeable is the difference?

im thinking of doing the same too

On 29 March 2016 at 10:08 AM, Jimmyapage said:

Laquered up the grills removed s badge and colour coded the bonnet lip! New set of tyres also :)

IMAG0002.jpg

IMAG0001.jpg

Here's mine, colour coded fog light surrounds, new grills, resprayed wing mirrors and bottom of bumper gloss black.image.jpgimage.jpeg

The sound proofing cost be about 30 quid all together i did the boot, under the doors and under the bonnet its made a pretty big difference, my car had no sound proofing on the bonnet at all so in slow traffic that makes the biggest difference i mainly did the boot and doors so they could hold up to the new sound system, i love the sprayed bottom bumper, bought the wrap and have everything else to do it im just waiting for a good day to get it up the ramp and give it a try, cutting the eds to contour right will be the trickiest part! did you do that yourself? if i cant wrap it i was gonna try plasti dip as i think i have a little bit left over from another project i did. 

• 1 month later...

Haven't posted in a while but I have now gotten honeycomb grills all over gloss black and a full cutback Stainless Steel longlife exhaust (see attached photos) hoping to wrap under the front grill gloss black has anyone done this themself before? Bought all the stuff but hasn't attempted it yet 

IMAG0321.jpg

IMAG0343.jpg

IMAG0329.jpg

• Like 1

Car's lookin' well! 

I think it could benefit from an RS rear spoiler and possibly lowered a few nicks as well. Keep us updated! :smile:

You need to fit a clear rear fog light and red cree bulb to even up the rear.

Sent from my SM-G930F