Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Mileage

Jp

Hi all, 

I am looking at buying a 2005 zetec s (1.6 TDCI) 

its on 127k miles with a part service history, is this high for the engine? Or are they a strong engine past that? Also what is most likely to need replacing soon in it (in general for a model of this age/mileage) 

cheers! 

It does seem quite high but as far as I know with care they can go well beyond, replacements would be timing belt (If it's not been done already) clutch kit wouldn't be far behind same again if it's not been done already, just common sense items really when you buy it take it for a once over at another garage anything you was not told about tell the garage you purchased it from and they should do it for you providing they have not made you aware of the issues, I'd personally if it all goes well get it in for a major service and make sure it includes a new fuel filter, you should get many happy years of motoring :)

I'm not great at the mechanical side of cars but this is what I would do. 

127k is average for an 11 year old car (our 2005 Nissan Primera is on 203k!), and being a diesel it will easily exceed 200k if you maintain it properly.

• Like 1

Make sure it's not the dreaded DV6TED4 engine - or if it is, that it has been serviced to OCD standards

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

127k is average for an 11 year old car (our 2005 Nissan Primera is on 203k!), and being a diesel it will easily exceed 200k if you maintain it properly.

There's a Mk1 focus 1.8TDDi in Romania that's done close to 800K on it's original engine, apparently. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club