Do Not Sell My Personal Information

usb & music

vickb1987

evening , ive just bought a 2011 ford focus sport with usb , I plugged my ipod 6th gen in to it to play my music and its not working , the song title etc come up on the car screen but theres no sound , what do I need to do ?

thanks

If its a iPhone normally it wont work through a usb has it not got a ipod dock as thats the only way it will work for you as i had this issue with  previous car i had :) 

You probably need the ipod cable. It only controls via USB audio is output via the aux jack

simply put the focus is way behind the times despite other cars having it standard since 2008 usb and aux is rubbish all you can do is turn the volume up n down if you want to be able to control it via the steering wheel you'll need a new stereo a patch lead to make the steering controls work

13 hours ago, vickb1987 said:

evening , ive just bought a 2011 ford focus sport with usb , I plugged my ipod 6th gen in to it to play my music and its not working , the song title etc come up on the car screen but theres no sound , what do I need to do ?

thanks

This problem can be solved by updating the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module of the car. on these vehicles the USB functionality is fully controlled by the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module. Older firmware versions of the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module required a special Y-cable to connect an iPhone or Ipod. This Y-cable is connected to both the USB and AUX input.

On the latest firmware versions of the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module the Y-cable is no longer required. A standard USB cable is all you need.

The Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module can easily be updated to the latest available firmware version by performing the Ford Audio Update. This update is officially no longer available on the official Ford website (all downloads were removed after Ford stopped the support of this old system back in 2012). However the Ford Audio Update files can easily be found and downloaded online.

thanks everyone , I went and got a aux cable this morning and I can now hear my music

Hi vickb1987,

I also have a Ford Focus Sport, mine is 2010. Sometimes the audio doesn't play, you have to skip the track then go back, or turn the radio off then back on after a few seconds.

I think it's a bit buggy when using the latest iPhones etc, but it does work via USB only.

I hope this helps?

A.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club