Do Not Sell My Personal Information

£6k to spend...what could I get?

mattbtcc

Hi

Finally decided on a Fiesta from a list of Golf, Swift, Astra, Civic, Ibiza and the Focus.

Just wondering what £6k would get me?

I'm stuck between a Zetec S or a Titanium and then making it look like a Zetec S. Not really into gadgets but auto lights and wipers are quite nice!

There's a 2011 Zetec S going for £5500 near me with 35k but it's a cat D and I haven't been able to speak to the engineers at work to see if that's a joke shop price yet. Front bumper and lights apparently but I'd have to see the engineers report first.

Any ideas what £6k would get? Needs to be fairly sensible on milage and definitely not ragged. 

Thanks

An insurance write off even if it's only "D" will always be an insurance write off. Harder to sell on and maybe loaded on the insurance,

just look about  i saw a titanium 1.0 ecoboost with 30kmiles titanium go for 8k so prices slowly coming down 

Yeah I work in insurance, we'll insurance write offs but we'll pay sweet f.a. out on them and true, they're a lot harder to shift. Warranty companies barely want to touch them either. Maybe worth taking for a test drive then making my excuses.

May wait for the new 16 plates to see if there's any price drop on older cars.

Suppose the whole Titanium vs Zetec think boils down to looks vs features. Great looking cars though. Would preferably like to find a Fiesta already with the kit on if I were to go for the Titanium.

Thanks

I sold a 2012 titanium with full dress up kit with 18000 miles for 6.500 so there ate good deals about buy privatly look at cars for about 6.500 and then offer 6000

What about a finance deal 6k is a good deposit and there are some good deals around at the moment.ford will boost your 6k deposit to 7k when you take out there finance.then you could have a brand new car to your spec.

as said I would not touch a cat d try saling it its a no go , there loads of cars for 6k its just a matter of waiting for the right one

I've got a 2011 Zetec S 1.6, I paid £7500 with 45000 miles on it (seems a lot now tbh!) but it came with a full Ford service history which did it for me.

You can now pick those up with less mileage for around £6000 and I couldn't recommend it higher! Good sporty look, great performance when you want to have a bit of fun, good economy when you need it.

Best thing you could do is go and test drive both!

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

That Titanium deal sounds great. Only Only thing puting me off private is lack of warranty but I'll check the common faults.

Will be avoiding a new car at all costs, just can't accept the depreciation.

Thanks for the replies.

For £6k you should be able to find a pretty sweet Fiesta with low mileage I would say.

Personally to provide an unbiased opinion, I'd look more into the VW Golf MK6/7, the ride tends to be more smoother and a better cabin/dash. However they cost significantly more to maintain and repair, hence a Fiesta maybe a solid option right now and for the long-run too.

I am very fond of the new Fiesta design and the appearance of a Golf too, so both may seem desirable to ordinary people; although many people tend to favour the Golf, and as Matt from CarBuyer stated, "The Golf is the only car you'll ever need."

The choice is yours, personally I would look around more before making my final decision.

All the best. :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club