Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First car @ 38 years - Fiesta MK6 1.4 2005 - advice and tips?

Risco

Well I have been riding motorbikes since 1993, but never had a car licence. So finally got round to it and passed first time with only 16 hours of lessons! After taking advice from my parents, friends and brother in law I went cheap for first car with a view to getting something better in 6 months. Got myself a MK6 2005 with only 43k on clock for £2500 which I pick up Saturday 13th February. Looking for some advice and tips:

• I want to put a bluetooth / dab stereo. What would you recommend and where is best to get fitted? I live in Tunbridge Wells so needs to near there.
  • Any thing I should be aware of that is a common issue?
  • Maintenance tips?
  • RAC or AA?
  • Anything else

I am not mechanically minded, so will be looking for a local trusted mechanics to do anything major. This has served me well on a motorbike! With regards the stereo a bit of research suggests I need this http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_mk6_single_din_satnav_radio_bezel_rhd_f_1148612_c_325.htm and http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_mk6_din_bezel_radio_mounting_kit_f_1222161.htm to convert it for single din or just the first part for a double din, is that correct? Has anyone done this? 

On 8 February 2016 at 9:25 AM, Saymyname said:

Get yourself a good make Dashcam

Are they truly necessary? I have been riding a motorbike for 22 years and never felt the need for one?

In this day and age, buy one. Crash for cash, suicidal idiots, drunks etc etc

I have a dashcam in my 1.4 fiesta. Cost me £20.

Two days ago somebody stepped out in front of my whilst doing 30mph and they were wearing earphones. I slammed on my brakes and slammed on the horn. I stopped about a foot away from him. he didn't even realise I was there until I grabbed hold of him! Footage sent to the police in case anybody reports anything. It's definitely worth having!!!!

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

I'm surprised you've never had a helmet cam?  I thought they were obligatory for bikers to record all the speeding and undertaking? :wink::tongue:

On 9 February 2016 at 7:49 PM, Risco said:

Are they truly necessary? I have been riding a motorbike for 22 years and never felt the need for one?

I am sorry to say dash cams are required today ,as ginger flame says there are too many idiots on the road now. Driving in London now is very risky with all these push bikes you hit one your fault or not, and you have got back up. Drivers in the last 20 years have got worse. 

• Like 1

It's an easy question.

£20 now & a possible insurance discount, or thousands in insurance premiums/excesses in the future following an incident which you can't defend your self

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

16 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm surprised you've never had a helmet cam?  I thought they were obligatory for bikers to record all the speeding and undertaking? :wink::tongue:

I have a GoPro Hero 4 black, but its not suitable for recording continuously while driving like a dash cam.

So what makes do you suggest?

I have a nextbase 302. Not bad playback and easy to use. Got mine set up top left of my window screen and ran the wire under the door rubbers and carpet. I forget it's there but you never know when you will need it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club