Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HID HELP

Niaaall

I Recently just swapped out my headlamps on my 2004 fiesta, they are projectors and have drls, There is a small wire that doesnt connect to anything and the guy said it was only needed for HID's, I was wondering would I need a conversion kit then if i was to install HID's? 

drl.JPG

drl wires.JPG

The small wire will most likely be either

1.) For a cut off inside a projector for hi/low beam

2.) Light feed for the DRLs so they dim when the lights turn off.

If you could post a picture of the wire in question we can help further :)

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

It looks like the wires that aren't connected come straight from the car.

It's possible that it's a signal for high/lo beam with earth? Although I don't have a clue why they would Use that connector..

You should just be able to install a HID Kit and plug/play without any of it. Just use the original wiring from the headlight nd butcher it slightly

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Looks similar to the connection on my old MK2 Focus headlights, that was for the bulb height adjustment motors. Did you swap your levellers over to the new headlights ?

Sent from the pub with a pint in the other hand.

• Like 1

I do think it is for an adjustment motor which did not come with these headlights and I dont think it is possible to swap it from my old headlights

• Like 1

So there is no motor in these so they dont adjust, will they still pass MOT/NCT, and would they pass if i installed a HIDs

• Like 1

So they don't adjust at all? Surely you can swap the motors over?

Unless your HID Kit is Marked to say over 2000lumens then your car must have projector headlights & the beam pattern must be correct.

If your HID Kit isn't marked to he over 2000lumens then they are to be treated as regular headlights.

If self levelling & Washers are fitted then they MUST work. their us no legal obligation to fit them.

That's come from VOSA recently although I've simplified it

The levellers should look similar to this:

56bb30eb5d774_ImageUploadedByFordOC14551

It's about 40/50mm long.

Your stock headlight should have these if your bulb height is adjustable from inside the car.

Sent from the pub with a pint in the other hand.

my bulb height is adjustable from the inside, but i cannot seems to find a leveller, would it be on the back or inside the headlight housing

• Like 1

So theres 2 sets of gears on the back, dont seem like theyre removable though, and theres not anywhere on my new headlamps to stick those

image1 (1).JPG

The things on the back are so you can adjust the actual headlight for alignment.

The adjustment inside is just for height if you're carrying different loads.

Your car doesn't have Self levelling, and it DOES NOT NEED IT!!!!!!! NOR DOES IT NEED WASHERS!!!!*

• Like 1

So the fact I cant manually adjust these new headlights from inside will that not be a problem in a MOT/NCT situation

You must be able to adjust the height from inside the vehicle as you have the switch fitted, so if the switch is there doing nothing

But your car doesn't need SELF LEVELLING. Self levelling senses the weight in the rear of the car and adjusts the height of the Headlights automatically.

• Like 1

So the fact I cant manually adjust these new headlights from inside will that not be a problem in a MOT/NCT situation

As long as the lights are manually adjusted to the correct height and direction after fitting them( take it to a garage and get them to adjust to specification) then not having height adjustment inside car or having height adjustment motors are not relevant to mot.

• Like 1

As long as the lights are manually adjusted to the correct height and direction after fitting them( take it to a garage and get them to adjust to specification) then not having height adjustment inside car or having height adjustment motors are not relevant to mot.

Wouldn't the fact that there's a switch there that doesn't do anything affect it?

Fair enough :)