Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Change colour of my zs alloys

Patrico777

What is the best cheapest way to change my colour of zs alloys ? I would like them in black and see how they look any links for sprays or something ??? 

Could always use Plastidip, just need to take the precautions of masking area's (Brake discs & pads, other parts of the car/tyre) that you don't want to get the mixture on.

24 minutes ago, Maxxxykins said:

Could always use Plastidip, just need to take the precautions of masking area's (Brake discs & pads, other parts of the car/tyre) that you don't want to get the mixture on.

I was thinking about this but not sure how many spray cans I need and also do I need two sprays as there is 1 film then 2nd or is it the same spray

10 minutes ago, Patrico777 said:

I was thinking about this but not sure how many spray cans I need and also do I need two sprays as there is 1 film then 2nd or is it the same spray

The general idea is that one can, can cover one alloy, the more layers you put on the better. So one can will easily cover 3-4 layers on on alloy.

This provides better protection (for the alloy obviously) but for the plastidip coating itself, it will also make it easier to peel the excess from around the alloy/tyre.

If you do go down this route, I suggest looking up a few guides on how to "plastidip", I plastidipped my rear lights and ST badge yesterday and they came out pretty good, however I will be doing these again. 1. The "smoke" plasitidip didn't really do much, it wasn't a dark as I wanted. 2. I decided to do this on the windiest day of the year so far... Some of the peel on the ST badge came off as I didn't wait for it to dry a bit more...

1 hour ago, Maxxxykins said:

The general idea is that one can, can cover one alloy, the more layers you put on the better. So one can will easily cover 3-4 layers on on alloy.

This provides better protection (for the alloy obviously) but for the plastidip coating itself, it will also make it easier to peel the excess from around the alloy/tyre.

If you do go down this route, I suggest looking up a few guides on how to "plastidip", I plastidipped my rear lights and ST badge yesterday and they came out pretty good, however I will be doing these again. 1. The "smoke" plasitidip didn't really do much, it wasn't a dark as I wanted. 2. I decided to do this on the windiest day of the year so far... Some of the peel on the ST badge came off as I didn't wait for it to dry a bit more...

Yes that what I want do my rear mirrors and bits on car but this weather wind is driving me crazy I will need to wait for warmer day maybe next month So I will buy 4 of the cans and also I want red calipers would this plastidip be ok with that? Or should I paint it with real colour?

I think you would need proper heat resistance calliper or engine paint for the callipers although I might be wrong.

15 minutes ago, Patrico777 said:

Yes that what I want do my rear mirrors and bits on car but this weather wind is driving me crazy I will need to wait for warmer day maybe next month So I will buy 4 of the cans and also I want red calipers would this plastidip be ok with that? Or should I paint it with real colour?

As above/below, for the calipers you will need heat resistant paint, the plastidip will probably just melt/fly off. It has a few different properties but I would rather go with the proper stuff for the calipers.

2 minutes ago, bwoody said:

I think you would need proper heat resistance calliper or engine paint for the callipers although I might be wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maxxxykins said:

As above/below, for the calipers you will need heat resistant paint, the plastidip will probably just melt/fly off. It has a few different properties but I would rather go with the proper stuff for the calipers.

Yes ok I will buy some, proper colour

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club