Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior light upgrade help (NOT JUST BULBS!)

Thatguycraig

Morning all

Been trowling through the net for this, and cant find anything, so apologies if its already been answered/posted. Please feel free to just point me to the thread if so. 

Sooo. I got my Mk 2.5 1.6 tcdi Zetec the other week. Looking to do a few bits to improve it. One of which is the interior lights. I always liked having the map readers in my Seat Ibiza, so id like to upgrade to the same. A little disappointed in the trim of this car to be honest, VERY basic. But hey ho. 

Anyone done this? easy? looks easy enough to be fair, but any indications on what part to get / good place to look? When i do an eBay search it mainly comes up with just the bulbs and not the unit its self.

Im also not against the idea of installing the courtesy light in the rear too.... its not a major want, but possibly look into it too. This easy to fit also?

Any help appreciated :)  

It is plug and play if you can get hold of another light unit with map lights.

Maybe try searching for ford focus titanium interior light or ford focus st interior light. Im pretty sure that fiesta mk6 fiestas and focus mk1 have with have them too but make sure they have 3 switches on the unit.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blue crush said:

It is plug and play if you can get hold of another light unit with map lights.

Maybe try searching for ford focus titanium interior light or ford focus st interior light. Im pretty sure that fiesta mk6 fiestas and focus mk1 have with have them too but make sure they have 3 switches on the unit.

Hope that helps.

it does! many thanks David

I have a mk6 interior light with map lights. I've slightly adapted the wiring on the back for LED map lights but you can have it for postage price..

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

42 minutes ago, GingerFlame said:

I have a mk6 interior light with map lights. I've slightly adapted the wiring on the back for LED map lights but you can have it for postage price..

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

thats very kind of you!  i'll PM you shortly if need be

forgive my sheer lack of knowledge, but would it be this kind? looking at this full kit on eBay. Now it says it does not fit the 1.6 but looks all the same shapes etc - and if its standard wiring.....??

$T2eC16FHJIkE9qU3iMOtBRn0oHI+EQ--60_57.JPG

• Like 1

That's including a rear light & vanity lights, but yes, the interior light itself is the same :)

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Would one have to cut holes in the roof to install this in a car that only has a front dome light?

18 hours ago, djsubtronic said:

Would one have to cut holes in the roof to install this in a car that only has a front dome light?

yea you would - the lights above the sun visors - you can see (on my car anyway) the indenets are already there ready to take the light 

• Like 2

I did a little upgrade on mine a while ago, i changed the main front light to one out of a Fiesta (with map lights and ambient lighting). Then decided the back of the car was too dark, got a full set of lights from eBay. I asked the seller to pull the wiring out too since he was breaking the car and had the roof lining out anyway. From memory think all the lights, fittings and wiring cost me less than £20. Its not a hard job to be honest, just takes time to get the roof lining out of the car, you could do it with it in the car but im a bit of a perfectionist (plus it gave me a change to clean the lining when i finished the job.. Here a few pics.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

• Like 3

@nitinparmar nice job! How did you make those perfect indentation surrounds for the new light cutouts?

15 hours ago, djsubtronic said:

@nitinparmar nice job! How did you make those perfect indentation surrounds for the new light cutouts?

they are already built into the headliner one some cars - on mine anyway

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club