Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Washing car with water fed brush.

jace1969

I did have one years ago but would you use one,soft brush for a car.

I mean for a quick wash to get salt and dirt off over winter,summer wash is Hand noodle mitt or sheep skin one.

Sick of washing it and takes ages then hours later rain and like its not been touched.

The water fed ones so hose fits on the bottom and water comes out of brush.

I am lazy in the winter, I go for a £5 hand wash where they pressure wash the wheels and arches and body before having a nice soapy sponge wash and dry off with a shammy. Getting soft in my old age.😄

1 hour ago, jace1969 said:

I did have one years ago but would you use one,soft brush for a car.

I mean for a quick wash to get salt and dirt off over winter,summer wash is Hand noodle mitt or sheep skin one.

Sick of washing it and takes ages then hours later rain and like its not been touched.

The water fed ones so hose fits on the bottom and water comes out of brush.

I personally would NEVER touch my car with a brush, or sponge for that matter. At the end of the day if there is a scratch there then you aren't getting it out.....

I've been stood in the rain last week with my 2 buckets (one soapy, one clean warm water), and my wash mit at hand. Gives me less to do in the Summer when I want to properly detail it. ITs all personal opinion but brushes will just put scratches/swirls into your paintwork for when its nice and sunny. (Especially on black!)

• Like 3

Don't ever use a brush or sponge anywhere on your car.. ever ever ever!!!!

Don't ruin your paintwork..

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

I aint used a brush on this car but did on my old car,only a corsa so scratches on that could add to the value :smile: some how.

I have never been to a car wash and never would but that's me,don't know what they use in that bucket for the suds and paying money

for a wash to last 5 mins in this weather and also i like to see what's going on like any marks and stuff,some people have no choice to use them.

So a Brush free zone then,old bucket and Demon suds and my over used Mit.

17 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

I aint used a brush on this car but did on my old car,only a corsa so scratches on that could add to the value :smile: some how.

I have never been to a car wash and never would but that's me,don't know what they use in that bucket for the suds and paying money

for a wash to last 5 mins in this weather and also i like to see what's going on like any marks and stuff,some people have no choice to use them.

So a Brush free zone then,old bucket and Demon suds and my over used Mitt.

2 Buckets! ;) One with warm suds in, the other a clean one. Everytime you go over your car, instead of dipping it straight into the suds bucket to clean your mit (thus putting grit, stones and dirt in your washing water....) put the mit in the one with the clear water in to wash off, then dirt etc all generally goes into the bucket with water in. Grit guards are also good to stop you from scooping up sediments from the bottom of the buckets..... but you can go on forever! 

• Like 1

I aint used a brush on this car but did on my old car,only a corsa so scratches on that could add to the value[emoji2]some how.

So a Brush free zone then,old bucket and Demon suds and my over used Mitt.

2 Buckets! ;) One with warm suds in, the other a clean one. Everytime you go over your car, instead of dipping it straight into the suds bucket to clean your mit (thus putting grit, stones and dirt in your washing water....) put the mit in the one with the clear water in to wash off, then dirt etc all generally goes into the bucket with water in. Grit guards are also good to stop you from scooping up sediments from the bottom of the buckets..... but you can go on forever! 

I go with

Prewash

Two buckets

Decent shampoo

Decent wash mitt (no £2 microfiber rubbish)

Then make sure you apply some protection. It'll make all the difference in both appearance & ease of cleaning. It'll also stay clean longer :)

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1

If you really care about your paintwork and don't want those little hairline scratches or marring.

Get your own pressure washer, and a snow foam lance.

The foam will remove most of the dirt/hard particles without scratching the paint, if you have a good wax and sealant on it will be even easier.

You can then use the two bucket method for the rest of the bodywork/windows. Use a seperate back for the wheels and the wheels only!!

• Like 2

If you really care about your paintwork and don't want those little hairline scratches or marring.

The foam will remove most of the dirt/hard particles without scratching the paint, if you have a good wax and sealant on it will be even easier.

You can then use the two bucket method for the rest of the bodywork/windows. Use a seperate back for the wheels and the wheels only!!

Perfectly said.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Maxxxykins said:

I have that Demon snow foam stuff what you stick the hose onto,its great but also can use it as a liquid in some warm water.

I have a karcher jet-wash but by the time its set up it starts raining.

This was just for a quick wash while the weather is like it is,like hours on all the stuff cleaning then like never been done.:mad:

7 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

I have that Demon foam stuff what you stick the hose onto,its great but also can use it as a liquid in some warm water.

I have a karcher jet-wash but by the time its set up it starts raining.

This was just for a quick wash while the weather is like it is,like hours on all the stuff cleaning then like never been done.:mad:

Haha I know how you feel,

My previous cars I prepare them for winter and don't clean it until you be sure it will be a good day.

Unfortunately, I bought my car only 2 weeks ago, so it's just covered in filth, i'm hoping the layer of dirt will protect it from anything else at the moment.. :sleep:

Demon foam is terrible from my experience, although that's probably because I've tried more expensive products through a proper foam lance on the pressure washer. not just the demon foam bottle or pressure ewasher's own foam bottle

We have several snowfoams on our website& can provide lances for £20 too :)

if you want to scratch you car why not take it to we wash your car for £4

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, richard150 said:

if you want to scratch you car why not take it to we wash your car for £4

Where they use the same old rag to clean the whole car, drop it on the floor dip back in barrel full of stagnant water.. Makes me shudder just thinking of it

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Maxxxykins said:

Where they use the same old rag to clean the whole car, drop it on the floor dip back in barrel full of stagnant water.. Makes me shudder just thinking of it

you've got it

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Maxxxykins said:

Never a car wash either by hand or the Big brush things and the Demon wash stuff i heard and read great reviews and brings

mine up Amazing,never use the foam side just warm water and the Mit then my cloth to dry,never a leather.

Time is the big thing for me and when i have time its at the wrong part of the day and products is what we all can afford,well me.

This is why i put the topic''water fed brush'' being quick, I hate them but just to get the dirt off and to see

what others use for a quick winter clean.

4 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Never a car wash either by hand or the Big brush things and the Demon wash stuff i heard and read great reviews and brings

mine up Amazing,never use the foam side just warm water and the Mit then my cloth to dry,never a leather.

Time is the big thing for me time and when i have time its at the wrong part of the day and products is what we all can afford,well me.

This is why i put the topic''water fed brush'' being quick and asked before as i hate them but just to get the dirt off and to see

what others use for a quick winter clean.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread with hate against hand car washes haha,

If you just want to get it over and done with then I suppose it would be a good idea, you'll have to do a lot of brushing to get the dirt off though, i'm just trying to think of how you'd do it?

19 hours ago, Titanium said:

I am lazy in the winter, I go for a £5 hand wash where they pressure wash the wheels and arches and body before having a nice soapy sponge wash and dry off with a shammy. Getting soft in my old age.😄

I do the same. The older you get the more transient and less important cars become. You get a different one every few years and at the end of the day you have to drive it which invariably causes small damage no matter how careful you are. When I was a young man I spent hours washing and polishing. Not any more.  Lets face it - it will most likely end up in the scrap yard in a decade or so anyway. life is too short! :-)

10 minutes ago, Mariner said:

I do the same. The older you get the more transient and less important cars become. You get a different one every few years and at the end of the day you have to drive it which invariably causes small damage no matter how careful you are. When I was a young man I spent hours washing and polishing. Not any more.  Lets face it - it will most likely end up in the scrap yard in a decade or so anyway. life is too short! :-)

I'm glad you said that,easy for me as well hence the brush fast clean job,I love a good clean and wax etc in the summer just winter months were nothing

seems to keep clean more than a day,i don't like hand car wash or the brush ones just on the principle that if I mark my car its my fault and i aint paid to

have it done and I know what im putting on it,hand car wash better than the big round brush job but sure the paint on a car can take a soft brush just

to get rid of surface dirt as it will have a layer to protect it off the wax/protection but Mariner you are spot on,when younger and not anything going

on in you life as it is now.

• Like 1

Water fed brush doesn't really work anyway.  I've owned some old knackered cars as stop gaps and still wanted them clean but not fussed about ruining paint...what was left of it haha.  Tried a soft water fed brush a few times but its quicker and easier to hose/jet the main stuff off and use a single bucket (oh no :tongue: )  and a wash mitt.  Chuck on some rinse-off wax and it'll look good for weeks, especially after rain...

That said, I did put a tonne of decent wax on at the end of the summer and wheels were sealed so that all helps.

• Like 1

If you want to destroy your paintwork and turn your car grey due to scratches, by all means use a brush to save time

If you care about the appearance of your black car, wash it properly. I rarely have time to wash my car, yet it still gets washed correctly & there's not a swirl Mark on it since polishing & coating last year.

Once you get into a routine your wash will take no time at all...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GingerFlame said:

If you want to destroy your paintwork and turn your car grey due to scratches, by all means use a brush to save time

If you care about the appearance of your black car, wash it properly. I rarely have time to wash my car, yet it still gets washed correctly & there's not a swirl Mark on it since polishing & coating last year.

Once you get into a routine your wash will take no time at all...

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

Yes i do use the Mitt now on a quick wash,rinse first with warm soapy wash and swill off with hose after.

Summer it gets a dry and wax and inside door job etc,it all depends how you look at your car and your age.

Other commitments comes first if they are health related and was just putting it out there how others do theres

in the winter and seen these Brushes pop up on eBay.

• Like 1

Yeah I understand health comes first and I agree with that. But in that case I personally would either 1.) Pay somebody else professional that I trust/know to do it or 2.) Leave it be

The brushes cause more damage than its worth.

Think of a sponge. It's a soft surface yes, but it picks up grit and basically transforms into a sandpaper. A brush will scratch on its own & then it too will circulate the grit around :)

Once summer comes and the intense sun wakes up, somebody sees the damage they've done over winter. and if they care about their paint, they'll never use a brush again! Haha :)

I'll try get a picture of my next door neighbours car. I've offered to care for it but they're determined to use a dry dirty rag and showroom shine.

The car is grey. They park under a streetlight so every time I walk past I cringe. They also part opposite a junction, so as I'm driving towards it and the HIDs hit it.. again, I cringe :)

I actually use it as an example to customers why they should choose me to care for their car.. I show them my paintwork & then there's! Hahaha

• Like 1