Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Folding wing mirror?

welshlad_82

Yesterday bought a 2012 Fiesta 1.25 Edge 5 door. Got home and cannot push the wing mirror manually, I don't want to use brute force in case stuck as may not have it.  They don't automatically fold when locked.

My old car being 2004 Fiesta 1.4 Flame had folding wing mirrors so assumed it was standard.

Any ideas if this particular vehicle has the option?

Thanks

I don't think it has auto folding mirrors but you should be able to push them in, they was quite stiff on my Fiesta, with it being an Edge it's pretty similar to the basic model. Your old Flame was a special edition car so it had the extra cool gadgets.

13 minutes ago, Ryan_Tango said:

I don't think it has auto folding mirrors but you should be able to push them in, they was quite stiff on my Fiesta, with it being an Edge it's pretty similar to the basic model. Your old Flame was a special edition car so it had the extra cool gadgets.

Thinking back it did, I miss the heated windscreen already, and folding the back seats down so it was flat.

1 hour ago, welshlad_82 said:

Yesterday bought a 2012 Fiesta 1.25 Edge 5 door. Got home and cannot push the wing mirror manually, I don't want to use brute force in case stuck as may not have it.  They don't automatically fold when locked.

My old car being 2004 Fiesta 1.4 Flame had folding wing mirrors so assumed it was standard.

Any ideas if this particular vehicle has the option?

Thanks

Check ford etis, the page will tell you what features your car has. ie folding mirrors etc

• Like 1

My partner manually folds in the wing mirrors on her 62 Style when she parks at mine and seems to do so quite easily! I, on the other hand, didn't think they were quite so easy... I think it is a matter of knowing just how much force they take without worrying about breaking it in the process :P

Thanks all, looked at Ford Etis no mention so checked my old car and no mention, so thought must standard. With little force and it folded in, happy with that.

You have to lift them up slightly, then push them in towards door, to put back reverse how you put them in. Hope this helps, i have same mirrors. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club