Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Update Sync 2 The Easy Way

alexp999

On 15.05.2017 at 9:31 AM, n0taz said:

Hello my friends :)

Hope to get help from you :)

In first sorry for my English, it's so bad :)

In past I did upgrade to 3.7, then 3.8 with Russian language on my Sync2 at Ford Explorer, then I was blind and did upgrade to 3.10 with language pack for North America (English, French,Spanish). Then I tried install language pack 2 many times, but no success. 

- I did usb-flash  with full 3.10 package with LP2 (German,turkish, Russian), but Sync says the system already upgraded

- I did usb-flash with only EA5T-14F497-CF in [SYNCGen2_3.10.16180] section. Car trying to install it and after few minutes say that file corrupted or not enough  free space (I try various flash-discs and various variants to download this file).

- I did usb-flash with moved EA5T-14F497-CF to Option1 in [SYNCGen2_3.10.16180] section. NO success.

- I did usb-flash with moved EA5T-14F497-CF to Option1 in [SYNCGen2_All] section. No success.

-In last, I tried downgrade to 3.8 (added SYNCGen2_3.10.16180 section to beginning of file with versions 4.2*) but systems says that this action I need did with Ford Official Dealer... no success.

Is it way to install another language pack?

p.s. my LangPack2 is EA5T-14F497-CF. In archive with Russian 3.10LP2 I see addition file EA5T-14D546-AJB, but it's no using by auto install file...

After a week of multiple attempts flash sync2 (LP2 over NA 3.10, or downgrade to 3.8, 3,7, 2.6 versions) with various variants  i did "vice versa" method:

1) I take 3.10 distrib for NorthAmerica (Gen2v310build16180updatepackageNA) - and without modifing install.lst did next:

2) simply delete original NA-language pack EA5T-14F497-AE.zip, then copy LP2-file EA5T-14F497-CF.zip from Gen2v310build16180updatepackageEULangpack2 and rename it to EA5T-14F497-AE.zip

3) Profit! Installation process finishing twice on my way to home (i don't know why twice).

It's a very simple workaround, but i don't know why i didn't try do it faster. 

But now I see at language selection menu big list: English, French, Spanish, Italian, Turkish, Germany, Nederlands, Slovenian, Portugalian, Russian (may be additional 1 or 2 items). It's not a big trouble for me :) But if anybody know method to delete another language pack - it's will be cool, cause it have very big size on disk.

p.s. sorry for my english ;) hope my experience will help somebody)

Hi there,

I have been looking through this thread and am keen to update my 2015 Mondeo, it is currently on version 4.32.14073

Is it feasible to upgrade to 3.10 from my current version, or should i go to 3.08 first?

And can anyone send me the appropriate links, thanks.

I think you can go straight to 3.10, mine updated ok, without going through 3.08.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks TitXlover.

Where do I find the link to 3.10?

Read the first post of this thread Barry :) there is a link to my post with the links.

• Like 1

Thanks Bannko.

I wasnt sure if that link was the most up-to-date, but thank you for confirming it is.

Me again - sorry.

It might be a stupid question, but does this upgrade unlock any of the previously hidden features, i.e.: low screenwash warning light, digital speedo etc?

Or am I in the wrong forum for this question?

Not as far as I am aware.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-4-12 at 3:29 PM, darrysmi said:

Actualizado Ford Mondeo 2015 para sincronizar 3.10 - gracias por publicar :)

Sorry I can not download 5 language pack, ask me for password.

On 18.05.2017 at 4:13 PM, Barry.W. said:

Me again - sorry.

It might be a stupid question, but does this upgrade unlock any of the previously hidden features, i.e.: low screenwash warning light, digital speedo etc?

Or am I in the wrong forum for this question?

No.

Those futures must be enabled in IPC :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

I'm new here and have few questions regarding the upgrade of my ford touch sync2, 

I bought an explorer 2015 xlt American specs and imported to Dubai ( currently living there ), my CCPU S/W Version: 4.3214073, Navigation version: 3.62.5 .

I'm facing few issues with sync2 and I hope this upgrade could help me, 

1. Can i flash my american ford touch sync2 to Europe version?? ( Reason Europe Radio Frequency) 

2. If I upgrade to 3.10 will I be able to have a radio frequency with even numbers ? as you know american cars comes with only odd radio frequency numbers so I'm missing some important stations here in Dubai.

3. In my system now i have control over the climate (front and rear), Does this will change if I upgrade?

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for this, just updated my new S, couldn't have been easier. 

Definitely seems snappier, especially in the nav screens, but i still don't seem to be seeing speed cameras (on the F5 maps).

On 5.06.2017 at 1:44 PM, Saif Ford said:

Hi, 

I'm new here and have few questions regarding the upgrade of my ford touch sync2, 

I bought an explorer 2015 xlt American specs and imported to Dubai ( currently living there ), my CCPU S/W Version: 4.3214073, Navigation version: 3.62.5 .

I'm facing few issues with sync2 and I hope this upgrade could help me, 

1. Can i flash my american ford touch sync2 to Europe version?? ( Reason Europe Radio Frequency) 

2. If I upgrade to 3.10 will I be able to have a radio frequency with even numbers ? as you know american cars comes with only odd radio frequency numbers so I'm missing some important stations here in Dubai.

3. In my system now i have control over the climate (front and rear), Does this will change if I upgrade?

1- no after update You still have NA fq..

3. upgrade :)

I think You must first upgrade 4.32xxx to 3.08xxx 

second updrade from 3.08xxx to 3.10xxx

If You want EUR fq... You need change bits in ACM :)

On 6/18/2017 at 6:21 PM, vincentka said:

1- no after update You still have NA fq..

3. upgrade :)

I think You must first upgrade 4.32xxx to 3.08xxx 

second updrade from 3.08xxx to 3.10xxx

If You want EUR fq... You need change bits in ACM :)

I would like to thank you for the help regarding programming my sync 2 and changing it to Europe frequencies. 

20 minutes ago, Saif Ford said:

I would like to thank you for the help regarding programming my sync 2 and changing it to Europe frequencies. 

Working   :yahoo:then this is good sounds :D

• Like 1

Hi guys
If anyone could help... I have a Sync3.8 installed on my Fusion, but suddenly it stoped to make any sound.
So i'am trying to reinstall the 3.8 version but it says it already updated...

Is there a way to reinstall this version (3.8) again? Maybe it will solve the sound problem..

Thanks!

My dealer has updated my Sync II unit, as I was having problems with the dash USB port on my Focus. It didn't fix the fault, as that turned out to be a faulty connection but my software version is now 3.10.16180 and the Nav version 5.67.6.

On 6/22/2017 at 5:49 PM, Gitfinger said:

My dealer has updated my Sync II unit, as I was having problems with the dash USB port on my Focus. It didn't fix the fault, as that turned out to be a faulty connection but my software version is now 3.10.16180 and the Nav version 5.67.6.

In view of Gitfingers post above can we now assume that ford UK are officially supporting Ver 3.10?

Could someone please help.

Alexp999 original post recommended Language Pack 5 for the 3.8 upgrade.

So can I assume that if I upgrade to ver 3.10 Bannko’s Language Pack 5 link would be the one to use.

My dealer was originally saying they couldn't install it because Ford had suspended the 3.10 update due to problems with it. They ended up getting permission off Ford to do it to see if it fixed the USB problem so I'm not sure if it's officially supported at the moment.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PLB said:

Could someone please help.

Alexp999 original post recommended Language Pack 5 for the 3.8 upgrade.

So can I assume that if I upgrade to ver 3.10 Bannko’s Language Pack 5 link would be the one to use.

Yes, language pack 5 is recommended to UK.

• Like 1

Can I just double-check what the recommended download is for Australian cars?

Have a 2016 Mondeo Titanium with 3.8 currently

I did see the post on previous page from Vincentka which was listed as NA/CAN/AUS - is this the right one for Australia?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 0:45 PM, Bannko said:

Hi,

Thanks for all the info on here.
I have tried to download the upgrade from this link but it just reports an error after downloading about 50%
Something to do with explorer not being compatible.
Does anyone have another link.

thanks
Alan

Which internet browser do you use?
Chrome or Firefox are usually best.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club