Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Update Sync 2 The Easy Way

alexp999

One thing I noticed was that there was no alert of Camera used to say caution when approaching. May be I have to reset something? 

Mine still says caution look around, if that's what you mean?

One thing I noticed was that there was no alert of Camera used to say caution when approaching. May be I have to rest something? 

No when speed camera was coming up used to show a triangle and say caution.

Oh I see, I think there is a setting for that, hazards or something in the navigation settings.

You can have audible warning or just an icon. I have mine on just an icon.

Hi Alex yes I used to have just the icon audible warning off, only noticed when I got back to London last night on th a 40. Will have to check settings.

Thanks Colin

Found problem hazard was switched off for some reason  ok now tho  :sleep:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying this at the moment, is it normal for it to be installing 3 of 16 for a long time? Been on this for 20 mins so far.

18 minutes ago, Brammer_2k said:

I'm trying this at the moment, is it normal for it to be installing 3 of 16 for a long time? Been on this for 20 mins so far.

Yes be patient looks like nothing is happening took me bout 40 mins

• Like 1

It was the same for me.

Part 3 took forever but once past that the rest whizzed by.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Hi

When will there be another update.

Jamie

• 3 weeks later...

This might be a stupid question, but will this work for my Fiesta 2014?

Hoping it will!

No, Fiesta is Sync Gen 1.

This guide only works for Sync 2. (Touchscreen).

Ah okay. Do you know if I can update mine to the latest version then? If so, do you have a link?

I've been looking for a way of doing it manually for my parent's cars but not found one yet.

Only way I know for Sync Gen 1, is through ford india's owners website.

Oh well that sucks, never mind! 

My friend at Ford has said he knows a way of doing it, so will try and find out some info for you :smile:

If he works at ford, get him to do it, wont take him long.

• 3 weeks later...

The first photo with build 14073 is older than what links I've provided. The latest build I have been able to find for manual install is 15128.

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

The first photo with build 14073 is older than what links I've provided. The latest build I have been able to find for manual install is 15128.

Great thanks. I was getting confused as the first 3 digits were lower on the second set of photos. I will try and install it tomorrow, if my computer ever finishes formatting my usb stick lol. 

Thanks for posting this update. It went in smoothly but sadly didn't fix the issue with speech to text on my phone, it was worth trying though lol. 

• 3 weeks later...

worked perfectly!

• Like 2

Thanks for this Alex, only just found it this weekend but got mine upgraded yesterday morning without a hitch.

One fix I have noticed is the navigation display of roundabouts on the instrument cluster screen, which was previously a big annoyance! Before it would often display a 3rd exit at 3pm as a sharp left exit at 7/8pm on the driver display - the main screen would be correct. Having driven some routes today that it always got wrong before I'm pleased to report the roundabout diagrams match across both displays now :biggrin:

Hallo Alex,

i have just registered also at the Ford India. You think that the UPDATE provided by the Ford India according my VIN number is OK? 

I am only aksing because i worry that i will instal some indian language sync :D

Thank you for your reply  :D

The links I posted are not from Ford India. I just used the Indian site to work out which language pack to use.

As long as you use the links with the correct language pack for what you want, then it should be fine.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club