Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Update Sync 2 The Easy Way

alexp999

Hello, I need some help. I’ve tried to update my sync 2 to the version 3.10 from 4.xx however I keep getting the same issue. When I load the USB it installs all the files however it then goes blank for about 5 mins and pops up saying waiting on USB device (which hasn’t been moved or touched) then says no USB detected cancelling update and does this multiple times then nothing. I’ve watched it for over an hour and yet still nothing. What could be the problem?

• 2 weeks later...

@BannkoHi, many thanks for the really helpful and easy to follow upgrade to 3.10 - unfortunately, I appear to also have the issue of a white screen when unlocking the car!  Is it possible to request the fix for this please?

• 1 month later...

Sorry if I open up a old thread.. I get the white screen already on my focus on version 4.32.14073  I am looking to update to 4.8 today will this fix the issue, Also what is the longest someone has had to wait for this to work I have seen 1 or 2 hours? 

Insert other media

Hi,  I'm having difficulty updating my car and I have been sent this link for information.  Can anyone tell me if the 'after' pics shown at the top of this thread (alex999 edited Mar 3 2017) are the latest update?

I ask because my current details are reading exactly as shown for CCPU S/W version and Gracenote Information.

(Maybe I do not need an update afterall)

Any chance to change the language pack? I have already installed v 3.10 and when I insert the usb it says system is already updated...

how can I replace it with a different pack?

Hi

Hope someone can help... I have a Kuga which I have retrofitted Sync 2 with Nav running 3.08 ( from Sync 1.1) .Would i be able to upgrade to 3.10, as when i checked on the Ford Sync update page it says there is a firmware update for my Vin but its Sync 1.1

Many Thanks

Hi, after reading for what seems like an age, I'm going to do the 3.8 -> 3.10 update using Pack 5 (UK) on my new to me 2015 Mondeo Mk5 TitX. Can someone please send the fix for the white screen on unlock before I start in case its needed ?

Many Thanks

OBee72

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2018 at 10:23 PM, rick_2k said:

Hi all,

First post for me just to say the upgrade to 3.10 for me worked in my 2015 Mk5 Mondeo using the above download and instructions. I was on and a very old version of sync and nav version 3.x!!! (not mentioned on any popular guides) so I took the risk to use the (Full) 700mb 3.10 upgrade straight up. Good news is it worked, took about half an hour and now I am on 3.10 (Nav 5.67.6).

I can't even begin to tell you how happy this has made me.. my what I assume was 2015 factory spec software was ridiculously UNRESPONSIVE. I had to hit each button 2/3 times regularly so I got completely put off and stopped using it after a week, the nav address input screen was laughable also. I just bought the car 2nd hand and have been actually feeling a bit upset about how poor sync2 turned out to be.

Anyway... after this upgrade, the system I am glad to report is so.. so much better, very responsive, quick to navigate and the nav has lost the mind-boggling address entry... i'm really happy. Thanks all.

So yeah thought I would sign up to say if anyone else is in my shoes and has a very old version of sync it appears to be safe to go straight to 3.10 (using the 700mb~ package above) on a EU spec car with the above download. If you are like me and wanted to know where the files came from you might find http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=5658&page=8 & https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=71250920&postcount=834 interesting. I believe the above download is an EU variant of this "homemade" update much to the dismay of some of the NA drivers who happened to install it and lost NA specific features. You will get a "congratulations you have upgraded to 3.08" message at the end that throws you but as soon as you press OK you can see it is clearly 3.10 in the version listed as installed, this appears to be a byproduct of combining the official 3.08 install package with the new 3.10 components. I feel slightly uncomfortable discovering this but as long as the source files are valid and from ford and install correctly I got over it and went ahead! Not looking back!

-Ricky

Hi, i tried to download the pack5 but it demand a password to proced with dowload. Can you help please?

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought a 2016 Focus. The software of my Sync system says: 4.32.14073_PRODUCT .

i don’t seem to have sat nav at all (just a little compass ball).

Would updating the software add Sat Nav? Or could I send Waze to to screen via my phone?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Bannko, Hi, can you help me fix the white screen issue when oppening the car on sync 2 version 3.10. I live in the uk so will need to be uk/europe friendly. 

thankyou

craig

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Banko

Ive just bought a new to me 2015 mondeo here in new zealand with sync 2 v3.8. Will this allow me to update it to 3.10 and not blow away nav etc?

• 1 month later...

Morning, found this thread, and tried to download the 3.10 language pack 5 link, but it's asking for a decryption key..
Ahh.. it's the click through referral link that messes it up.. removed that leaving just the address and now presented with the download option

Could I have the white screen fix just in case?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Dave400
fixed link/decryption key issue myself!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, 

Thank you a lot for this upgrade! 

Could you post a link to screen fix to be able to donwload it, as many of us we need it? Thx in advance and respect for your efforts to provide us these informations! 

I have carried out this upgrade and activated the SATNAV seems fine, but I have found that It picks up 8 satellites when radio is on without ignition, as soon as I turn the ignition on it loses all satellites.

HELP!!!

Hello guys

I update for 3.10 with Portuguese language but I lost voice in Portuguese. I have Portuguese in language but voice comands can't add Portuguese, it says it's impossible to sync Portuguese. 

Anything I missed or any way to add voice PT. 

Thanks in advance

6 minutes ago, Edu said:

Hello guys

I update for 3.10 with Portuguese language but I lost voice in Portuguese. I have Portuguese in language but voice comands can't add Portuguese, it says it's impossible to sync Portuguese. 

Anything I missed or any way to add voice PT. 

Thanks in advance

Did you use Language Pack 5 from this post?

• Like 1

I have upgrade complete pack 3 bcs system don't upgrade with pack5. It says run out of space. 

I try after to upgrade with pack5 and same error. 

I'm I missing something. 

Thanks for fast reply 

11 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Did you use Language Pack 5 from this post?

I will try again tomorrow with pack5 from here. 

I see now thers a life different from pack 5 from XDA. 

Maybe I have lucky with this pack. 

Thanks

13 hours ago, Edu said:

I will try again tomorrow with pack5 from here. 

I see now thers a life different from pack 5 from XDA. 

Maybe I have lucky with this pack. 

Thanks

Solved here

I have downgrade to 3.08 and upgrade to 3.10 with Pack5. All ok now

Thanks guys for this great work😍

All solved here

Thanks in advance

Now, for all that have active navigation the easy way to mirror Android on screen. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just to confirm this update and links are still working 100%, just updated My UK 2016 S-max Titanium Sync2 system from 3.08 to 3.10 without any issues, Does seem a bit faster & the phone connects much faster now also, but all is still the same as before other than that.
I did disable car stopping in dash settings, and kept the car running throughout.
Also removed Map SD-Card and any-other usb media.

Link from this Post on page 6:  EU Language Pack 5 - English (British), Spanish, French, Portuguese:
https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/79328-update-sync-2-the-easy-way/page/6/#comments
File size on this link for UK Pack is 710MB compressed then 716MB.

Also said at final screen a successful update to version 3.08.
System Info screen now does show 3.10.
And The Ford symbol does show fine when starting & shutting down/turning off the radio/car, (not a white screen/image).
Some waiting at various points as it installs but went fine, was about 24mins all-in.

Original.jpg

Updated.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2016 at 7:34 PM, alexp999 said:

After a lot of searching, reading and translating, I came across direct links to Ford servers hosting the official EU upgrade files for Sync 2. No need to sign up to the Ford India website, just download, extract to the root of a FAT32 formatted USB stick and away you go.

I did use the Ford India website to determine which language pack matches to my VIN for use in the UK. It shouldn't really matter as all EU language packs include British English, but I get a bit OCD so wanted to know which one Ford would use. That turned out to be Language Pack 5.

I have read that you may need a minimum of the F4 SD card or newer, however everyone with Sync 2 in the EU should have F4 following the recall (if you have Nav fitted).

Here is the full list of the Oct 15 update, if you are not from the UK, but another EU country, you need to make sure you download the correct language pack to include the language you want to be able to speak (and have spoken) to the car in:

Language Pack 1 - German, English (British), Russian, Turkish:

http://ivsu.binaries.ford.com/swparts/Gen2v38build15128updatepackageEULangpack1Rev4.zip

Language Pack 2 - German, English (British), Polish, Russian:

http://ivsu.binaries.ford.com/swparts/Gen2v38build15128updatepackageEULangpack2Rev4.zip

Language Pack 3 - German, English (British), French, Italian:

http://ivsu.binaries.ford.com/swparts/Gen2v38build15128updatepackageEULangpack3Rev4.zip

Language Pack 4 - German, English (British), French, Swedish:

http://ivsu.binaries.ford.com/swparts/Gen2v38build15128updatepackageEULangpack4Rev4.zip

Language Pack 5 - English (British), Spanish, French, Portuguese:

http://ivsu.binaries.ford.com/swparts/Gen2v38build15128updatepackageEULangpack5Rev4.zip - This is the one I used

Language Pack 6 - German, English (British), French, Dutch:

http://ivsu.binaries.ford.com/swparts/Gen2v38build15128updatepackageEULangpack6Rev4.zip

US/NA Only (for our cousins across the pond):

http://ivsu.binaries.ford.com/swparts/Gen2v38build15128updatepackageNARev2.zip

For 3.10, please see this post:

Once you have downloaded and extracted the zip to the root of a USB drive (min 2GB formatted as FAT32), you need to remove all other USB sticks/devices from the ports on the car (Nav SD can be left in), then start the engine and turn off auto/stop start. Plug the USB in and it should auto detect the update files, then just follow the on screen instructions. You need to give yourself at least 30 mins for the update to install, in that time you can drive the car, but remember that anything normally displayed on the screen will not be available (rear view cam, sensor distance, etc.).

Here are some before, during and after pics:

DSC_0200.JPG

DSC_0202.JPG

DSC_0203.JPG

DSC_0205.JPG

DSC_0206.JPG

Big thanks to this post on focus fanatics for the url and available files.

I have just updated mine but it doesn’t show navigation application? Has this failed?

• 2 weeks later...

After a few months of deliberation I decided to bite the bullet and try this.  Having read all the online instructions and read about other peoples experiances my biggest fear was installing the 3.8 or 3.10 software.  So I decided to have a look and see what I have and make myself familiar with the procedure - all part of mentally preparing myself.  Used Forscan to check the setting in APIM (not the one that says APIM AS BUILT FORMAT) and right there was a check box to "Enable Nav".  Ticked the checkbox and thought to myself that surely the nav software must already be installed if its giving me th option.

I aded the Navipatch.png as a wallpaper, did a master reset and hey presto the car now tells me it is ready for a navigation SD card.  Just need to buy one now to see if it has worked.

Just to be clear, I have not installed any additional software.  My car has CCPU S/W version 4.32.14073_PRODUCT, this is what it came with when I bought it.  Before I did this the top right corner said information and only let me see the GPS co-ordinates of the car.  I honestly don't know what the difference is between the various versions floating around online, my advice is it may be worth checking to see if you actually need to do a software install because it appears I haven't had to.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club