Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Bit of a personal question.....

laumk7

My new job (yay!) Requires a lot of working in the cold, so aside from the old adage: if you're cold you're not working hard enough, I'm thinking of layering up.

So. Does anyone know if thermal underlayers show if you're wearing them or not? I'm female so I'm going to go for the scoop neck variety so it shouldn't be literally visible lol

5 hours ago, laumk7 said:

My new job (yay!) Requires a lot of working in the cold, so aside from the old adage: if you're cold you're not working hard enough, I'm thinking of layering up.

So. Does anyone know if thermal underlayers show if you're wearing them or not? I'm female so I'm going to go for the scoop neck variety so it shouldn't be literally visible lol

If they're in a contrasting colour to your outer clothes, or were particularly bulky they's show through

Black or dark thermals with pale coloured outer would show up somewhat. Red might show through to unless your outers were red also

some years ago, during my insurance broker days, i was going door to door in the winter, I wore non-contrasting thermals underneath a suit and tie.  Having spent one too many days  "absolutely frozen" without them :sad:

CI rated footwear is to recommended, cold feet can be disheartening, not as bad as cold wet feet.though.  I only accidentally got into CI footwear when looking for a new pair S3 WR boots for doing stuff outside, a couple of years ago.  The PPE shop had some on a clearance offer from a cancelled order.  They're insulated against cold down to -30°C which is far colder than a British foot is going to experience outside in the UK  They're originally meant for maintenance workers inside walk-in commercial freezers and outside in Arctic oil rig plants etc. The only downside, is they're too warm for summer use

They don't really show - and most definitely are worth it!!

They hug the body very well!! My ones are actually a size too small (I was desperate and they were the only set in store that would get anywhere close to fitting me lol). The collar was visible at the neck line of my shirt, but my woolly pully and foulie covered that :p

Some good Thermal Base layers on military1st.co.uk, I just bought a white long sleeve one for a trip to Prague in the next few weeks.

Only cost £8

Helly Hansen Lifa kit is very good.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I have a lot of base layers due to my degree I've just completed (very outdoorsy and often pretty chilly) and could never tell really, they're hidden by most t-shirts really. Depends on the style, but go for tight fit stuff or it's pointless, you'll just sweat as it'll probably be thicker stuff which will turn cold due to freezing of the water.