Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Oh, hello winter!

jmurray01

It has waited until February, but the snow is making a small appearance.  It will probably linger for a couple of days and be gone again. 

It isn't that I like snow, but I'd rather just get a dump load of it in November/December and be done with it, then get a nice summer out of the deal, rather than a warm winter and a cold summer. 

WP_20160214_00_02_04_Pro.thumb.jpg.86e1dWP_20160214_00_02_12_Pro.thumb.jpg.7c906WP_20160214_00_02_19_Pro.thumb.jpg.7f920

• Like 1

Fingers crossed it isn't much and doesn't last long!

Driving down to Inverness tomorrow and taking train to Glasgow for a few days. Could really do with clear roads........and tracks! :) 

I love snow just for a few days of the year it feels like a completely different world, besides there are lots of car parks up in the hills which are empty during all the seasons so it makes for good fun with friends and even the police! they patrol up in the hills so they make sure we don't get carried away drifting around in the car parks xD 

• Like 1

Yep, the cautious drivers were out today!!  Even on patches of road with no remaining snow we didn't get above 40MPH. 

• Like 2

can never be too careful driving in snow its the other drivers you have got to look out for:whistling1:

no snow here but as said a lot off driver have no idea how in good weather never mend snow 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Yep, the cautious drivers were out today!!  Even on patches of road with no remaining snow we didn't get above 40MPH. 

Bearing in mind of course that snow / ice can increase stopping distances by a factor of UP TO ten times the dry distance . . .

14 minutes ago, MONDEO TXS 2.2 said:

Bearing in mind of course that snow / ice can increase stopping distances by a factor of UP TO ten times the dry distance . . .

It can, and I understand driving slower on snow covered roads and/or below 0*C, but this was on plain tarmacadam at 5*C.  These same drivers would happily speed along at 65-70MPH in heavy rain, but one drop of snow and they grind to a halt.

3 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

It can, and I understand driving slower on snow covered roads and/or below 0*C, but this was on plain tarmacadam at 5*C. 

Probably cold weather driving virgins . . . :smile:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MONDEO TXS 2.2 said:

Probably cold weather driving virgins . . . :smile:

Indeed.  Makes me want to move somewhere that gets proper winters just so that the drivers will be at least slightly competent. 

We have snow on the higher areas of Dartmoor and just generally cold elsewhere with that strange grainy feel to the air that seems to precede snow elsewhere.

Gritters have been out everywhere tonight and I'm getting sick of the Beast getting sprayed every time I go driving.

Some might appear around these parts too. I was near Dartmoor last weekend and up to my ankles in water!!

• Like 1

2009 was last time we had some, not much by Scottish standards, 50mm or so.

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

Indeed.  Makes me want to move somewhere that gets proper winters just so that the drivers will be at least slightly competent. 

Germany is good for that, or any of the Eastern European country's

Yep, when we lived in Germany we had snow that was 5ft deep!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club