Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next Mods?

Mac9577

Hi All, 

Been a while since my last post, but I've now completed the below:

• Osram Cool Blue Intense Full Beam/DRL (H15)
  • 6000k Super Bright LED Sidelights (W5W)
  • 6000k Slim Ballast HID Kit (H7 - Dipped Beam)
  • 6000k Super Bright LEDs for Number Plate, Footwells & Boot,
  • Lockwood Zetec 'S' Doorsill Protectors,

On order are the below:

• 6000k Super Bright LED Fog Lights (H11)
  • NBStyling Bonnet Strut/Lifter

Im also planning a front bumper wrap behind the number plate, and a custom boot light install (adding the same boot light to the left as well as the right)..

Have I missed any cheap mods, or can anyone recommend any other nice mods for my White ZS Ecoboost (Charlie) :-)

Many Thanks

Mac9577

• Like 1

Oh I've also added carpets with a white lining, and Debadged back completely.

Looks good!

Will be interested to see the fog lights as I need some to match my lights.

have you considered de-tangoing your indicators? You can get gel overlays for your badges, have you upgraded your courtesy lights inside?

You could get white gel trims for round the vents like the ones in the picture (there red but the flash makes them look orange)

image.jpegAnd white and black gel badges for steering wheel and front and back?

5 hours ago, Maxxxykins said:

Looks good!

Will be interested to see the fog lights as I need some to match my lights.

have you considered de-tangoing your indicators? You can get gel overlays for your badges, have you upgraded your courtesy lights inside?

Hi Max, I haven't done the courtesy light, just switched it off so it doesn't light up when you unlock the car lol. I'm looking at some of those Phillips chrome indicator bulbs, but haven't checked out the door mirrors, so cheers for that. The bonnet strut I'm waiting on is a great little mod :)

Hi Sean, I will have a look for some of those rings in white. I'm also looking to convert the rear balance to the ST version, purely because it looks better, not to impersonate an ST! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Varming said:

Where did you get those for the vents?

3 hours ago, Mac9577 said:

Hi Sean, I will have a look for some of those rings in white. I'm also looking to convert the rear balance to the ST version, purely because it looks better, not to impersonate an ST! 

Dmb have them for about £4 I think in my opinion makes it look better to go with the colour of the car!

18 hours ago, seanfarquhar said:

Dmb have them for about £4 I think in my opinion makes it look better to go with the colour of the car!

21 hours ago, Varming said:

Where did you get those for the vents?

As above: http://www.dmb.uk.com/prod/843/gel-badge-rings-for-heater-vent-surrounds-mk6-mk7

They come as a pair, bit tricky to fit, just make sure the plastic is clean and dry, edge them around. When the dealership cleaned my car, all the interior plstics where sort of greasy.

21 hours ago, Mac9577 said:

Hi Max, I haven't done the courtesy light, just switched it off so it doesn't light up when you unlock the car lol. I'm looking at some of those Phillips chrome indicator bulbs, but haven't checked out the door mirrors, so cheers for that. The bonnet strut I'm waiting on is a great little mod :)

The chrome bulbs i've used are Philips Silvervision, same as the standard just don't get the weird orange look when they're off.

• Like 2

On 14 February 2016 at 0:20 PM, Mac9577 said:

Hi All, 

Been a while since my last post, but I've now completed the below:

• Osram Cool Blue Intense Full Beam/DRL (H15)
  • 6000k Super Bright LED Sidelights (W5W)
  • 6000k Slim Ballast HID Kit (H7 - Dipped Beam)
  • 6000k Super Bright LEDs for Number Plate, Footwells & Boot,
  • Lockwood Zetec 'S' Doorsill Protectors,

On order are the below:

• 6000k Super Bright LED Fog Lights (H11)
  • NBStyling Bonnet Strut/Lifter

Im also planning a front bumper wrap behind the number plate, and a custom boot light install (adding the same boot light to the left as well as the right)..

Have I missed any cheap mods, or can anyone recommend any other nice mods for my White ZS Ecoboost (Charlie) :-)

Many Thanks

Mac9577

Wind deflectors maybe? If that's something you fancy? 

Could you link me the HIDS you bought? I fancy some myself. Just out of curiosity, I've been on and off with the idea of having some. 

What did you tell your insurers regarding the HIDS? And what did they say to you? 

Cookey. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 16 February 2016 at 11:07 AM, Cookey09 said:

Wind deflectors maybe? If that's something you fancy? 

Could you link me the HIDS you bought? I fancy some myself. Just out of curiosity, I've been on and off with the idea of having some. 

What did you tell your insurers regarding the HIDS? And what did they say to you? 

Cookey. 

Hi Cookey,

Link to my HIDs are below - Not informing insurance as if I wrote me front end off I'd just buy them again. These are 6000k and the range is amazing. Best purchase yet!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231667036584?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

So I'm also fitting my ST rear deflector and valance this weekend. Photos to follow.

Cookey, get those HIDs you won't regret it!!

Mac

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mac9577 said:

Hi Cookey,

Link to my HIDs are below - Not informing insurance as if I wrote me front end off I'd just buy them again. These are 6000k and the range is amazing. Best purchase yet!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231667036584?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

So I'm also fitting my ST rear deflector and valance this weekend. Photos to follow.

Cookey, get those HIDs you won't regret it!!

Mac

I'm tempted mate. Cheers. How did you go about wiring them up? RE: the wire and the black rubber cap? 

RE: insurance, if you wrote your car off or was at fault for an accident, an inspector may have to look at your car for illegal or non-claimed/certified with insurance  mods? 

If you get me? 

I'd love to get some mate, just want to stay protected 😉

You got any pictures at night showing the projection of the HIDS?

Basically my mate actually works for Ford. So I took it round his and he sorted it for me. The slim ballasts are actually mounted directly to the back of the light fittings, and for the wires, if you remove the rubber cap, and then use a Stanley blade to cut around a £2 coin in the centre, you can poke the cables through and the circle Grimetones that's on the cables will fit in the hole you've just cut.. Top Tip :)

I will take some photos for you later mate, I bought Osram Nightbreakers for everything and then scrapped them all for LED and HIDs. These HiDs are legal, and guarantee will pass an MOT. Hard to explain the difference because it's so amazing. Like the difference between Night and Day mate haha

• Like 1

Grimetones - worst auto correct ever..  'Should read grommet'

• Like 2

Basically my mate actually works for Ford. So I took it round his and he sorted it for me. The slim ballasts are actually mounted directly to the back of the light fittings, and for the wires, if you remove the rubber cap, and then use a Stanley blade to cut around a £2 coin in the centre, you can poke the cables through and the circle Grimetones that's on the cables will fit in the hole you've just cut.. Top Tip :)

I will take some photos for you later mate, I bought Osram Nightbreakers for everything and then scrapped them all for LED and HIDs. These HiDs are legal, and guarantee will pass an MOT. Hard to explain the difference because it's so amazing. Like the difference between Night and Day mate haha

Grimetones - worst auto correct ever..  'Should read grommet'

Ahh nice one mate! Cheers for that, if it ain't too much hassle get a picture of the ballasts fitted too? Not asking too much am I?😉 

Really appreciate it all mate! And as for autocorrect, gets me all the time!😉

How good are you h15's during the day too? I've been looking at the osram cool blues, but I've got some in from eBay atm, and they are pretty decent, so, don't know whether to give the cool blues a try? But they're £40!? I'd like to see them in action to compare them to the eBay ones I've got in. 

17 hours ago, Cookey09 said:

How good are you h15's during the day too? I've been looking at the osram cool blues, but I've got some in from eBay atm, and they are pretty decent, so, don't know whether to give the cool blues a try? But they're £40!? I'd like to see them in action to compare them to the eBay ones I've got in. 

They still look yellow from the things ive heard. However, the fiesta dipped beams are awful (Everyone knows) so everything is an improvement on them.

HIDS: I'm unsure if you wrote your car off and your insurer saw that you had HIDs fitted if they would void your insurance or not.  Thats the only reason why I haven't got any yet. You can pick up a decent set for £40-50.... as the Osrams alone are £40 -(which still look a touch yellow) I don't think they;re made out to what they are, as there is no blue what so ever

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cookey09 said:

Ahh nice one mate! Cheers for that, if it ain't too much hassle get a picture of the ballasts fitted too? Not asking too much am I?😉 

Really appreciate it all mate! And as for autocorrect, gets me all the time!😉

Cookey, I'll take some photos later mate. With the politest respect to JSMarsden, HIDs would never in a million years void your insurance.. Absolute worst case scenario, the Insurer would ask you to pay an excess for the bulbs as they were not declared on your original premium. So please don't share his concern.

With regards to the Osrams, I would save your money. I bought the Cool Intense Blue ones and they're clearly yellow. If you buy the led sidelights I posted above (dirt cheap and easy fit), I drive with those on all the time! Looks awesome when you unlock your car in the dark too. 

• Like 1

ST Diffuser being painted and fitted this weekend! Woop! Will take photos boys.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mac9577 said:

Cookey, I'll take some photos later mate. With the politest respect to JSMarsden, HIDs would never in a million years void your insurance.. Absolute worst case scenario, the Insurer would ask you to pay an excess for the bulbs as they were not declared on your original premium. So please don't share his concern.

With regards to the Osrams, I would save your money. I bought the Cool Intense Blue ones and they're clearly yellow. If you buy the led sidelights I posted above (dirt cheap and easy fit), I drive with those on all the time! Looks awesome when you unlock your car in the dark too. 

I didn't say that they would, it was a meer concern of mine which was out there for somebody to answer as me and Cookie have been discussing this for a while now. Insurance companies like to get out of anything most days, and if there is anything they see that you haven't declared they could use it as an excuse. I was only asking because they could put down poorly fitted HID's as a cause for the accidfent if it happened in the dark? I.E Claiming you couldn't see effectively due to illegal/poorly fitted lights.

However I know this is far fetched so was more of a question rather than a "THIS IS WHAT THEY WOULD DO" - as in all honesty I'm looking at them myself as I would rather spend £40 on HIDs than on yellow osrams 

• Like 1

JSMarsden, I've included the link to my HIDs in the trail of this email, and can vouch for their quality. I know you can buy these cheaper, but I'm a believer that you get what you pay for.. If you haven't already bought led sidelights, that links in here too. If anyone wants a link to my W5Ws I can get that also.

Ill post the fitting photos later gents.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JSMarsden said:

I didn't say that they would, it was a meer concern of mine which was out there for somebody to answer as me and Cookie have been discussing this for a while now. Insurance companies like to get out of anything most days, and if there is anything they see that you haven't declared they could use it as an excuse. I was only asking because they could put down poorly fitted HID's as a cause for the accidfent if it happened in the dark? I.E Claiming you couldn't see effectively due to illegal/poorly fitted lights.

However I know this is far fetched so was more of a question rather than a "THIS IS WHAT THEY WOULD DO" - as in all honesty I'm looking at them myself as I would rather spend £40 on HIDs than on yellow osrams 

2 hours ago, Mac9577 said:

JSMarsden, I've included the link to my HIDs in the trail of this email, and can vouch for their quality. I know you can buy these cheaper, but I'm a believer that you get what you pay for.. If you haven't already bought led sidelights, that links in here too. If anyone wants a link to my W5Ws I can get that also.

Ill post the fitting photos later gents.

I think to be honest, it's a case of how lenient insurers will be, but if someone had to claim against you. You'd be in a sticky situation... 

Realistically, we can all vouch for our own driving capabilities but it's the other road users and folk that don't know how to drive or have a very minimal idea of how to behave on the road that will cause ourselves problems if they were involved in an accident with us. Because these will be the sort that claim against us. Therefore, the HIDS being a non-involved factor, but enough for the other insurance company to point out and win the case essentially. 

And Mac. I ordered the 501's you've got, but they'll be for my reg lights... 

Ive already got some 6000k sidelights in. Had them in for about a year or so now! They look soooooo good! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club