Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DAB radio instructions

mjt

Can anyone either link me to some detailed instructions or explain how to operate the Sony type 3 head unit DAB radio? Just the DAB section - the AM/FM section is no problem but the vehicle handbook gives no details whatever about DAB and I've not used one before.

SonyType3.jpg

I'll just give this a bump in the hope that someone will respond.

As I said I've not used DAB before. I don't have a DAB radio in the house either. I've done an exhaustive online search for details on how to use this unit but drawn a complete blank. The vehicle handbook doesn't give any detailed information on how to use it (in fact it's pretty light on detail for quite a lot of things).

I managed to select DAB (there's DAB1 and DAB2 available but I don't know what they are or what the difference is) and get it to scan for stations. I even managed to get it onto a station that I wanted but couldn't work out how to set a preset for it. The usual technique of holding the preset button until it stores didn't seem to work.

So if anyone has a simple description of how to use DAB I'd be eternally grateful.

Have you tired looking on the Ford website at a newer manual?

It should be included the DAB section.

I'll be honest I've just fumbled my way through it, auto scan works different on DAB, then I just the station when I find the one I want...

29 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Have you tried looking on the Ford website at a newer manual?

Hi Alex, Yes, I've looked on Fords website and downloaded the manual but turns out it's identical to the one supplied with the car. I also looked at lots of other sites but couldn't find anything. I assume this head unit is a special supplied by Sony specifically for this model so there was nothing on Sony's site either.

There is no separate DAB section in the Audio System part of the manual. It just seems to assume everyone knows how to use it. :angry:

It is not made by Sony, only Sony branded, it is made by the same company as the standard unit. The User interface is the same with or without the Sony speakers/HU.

When was yours built do you have Sync?

Etis shows build date of 10.08.2012. It appears to be non-Sync.

So your audio control are not on the face of the steering wheel, but in the gap between 2 of the spokes?

Yes, on the right-hand side with the voice control button.

This is for the facelift, but it might give you enough info to work out what you need to do as they haven't changed it that much.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/catalog/owner_guides/ENUSA_CG3630_Focus_og_201409.pdf

Page 271 (printed as 269)

• Thanks 1

Thanks Ian, that provides quite a bit more detail than mine. Reading through that it seems I was on the right track. I should probably have been a bit more persistent. :smile:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club