Do Not Sell My Personal Information

De badging fiesta!

seanfarquhar

Anyone done or know how easy it is to remove the ecoboost badge from the back of my car? Or any tips on how to do it without damage?

cheers sean. 

Gently heat it up, then either pull it off or use fishing line to cut through the adhesive.

when off pull the remaining sticky pad off then use a tar and glue remover to clean the residue off.

• Like 4

As above

Heat it up gently, then pull fishing wire through to cut the adhesive.

Tar and glue remover to remove residue

If necessary, a light single stage polish may be required, although I doubt you'll need this as the car is fairly new

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 2

This took no time at all for me, and I used a touch of wd40 to remove the glue residue. Worked a treat :)

• Like 1

Blow torch will be quicker the heat the badge up too, just have it on a cool flame (blue) :whistling:

Or as above with heat gun etc :yahoo:

• Like 2

Yeah as above... Just take it easy when pulling it if so you don't scratch the paint 

image.jpeg

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, M4RC said:

Yeah as above... Just take it easy when pulling it if so you don't scratch the paint 

image.jpeg

I thought the back of my Fiesta looked good! Is that tint film on your lights/reflectors?

I used a kettle and boiling water for removing my Fiesta badge. It came off no problem, gave it a quick buff after and jobs a goodun'. . . I'd say the fishing wire technique is probably the safer option 

I used a kettle and boiling water for removing my Fiesta Badge. It came off no problem, gave it a quick buff after and jobs a goodun'. . . I'd say the fishing wire technique is probably the safer option 

Fishing wire and gentle heat is Definitely the safer option..

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Why on earth would anyone want to remove an ecoboost badge?

Does ecoboost signify a pikey car or something?

1 hour ago, GingerFlame said:

Fishing wire and gentle heat is Definitely the safer option..

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

I did put some cold in first to make sure it wasn't boiling boiling. But yeah, no problems at all doing that way, it peeled off and so did the adhesive with no effort and no damage. I admit I was apprehensive before doing it though. lol

11 hours ago, winemart2 said:

Why on earth would anyone want to remove an ecoboost badge?

Does ecoboost signify a pikey car or something?

I think people remove them as "Eco" cars tend to have the meaning of 'slow'. Not many people would want an eco badge on the back of a car they want to modify for performance reasons etc.

However I'm keeping mine on the back as the Ecoboost engines are probably the best in the fiesta (zetec anyway!) and have better performance etc so not something I have a big interest in removing. Also at shows instead of an engine cover I can just put a piece of A4 paper in the engine bay to show how much of a tiny tiny engine I have (The bigger the engine you have, the lesser 'equipt' you are down below some say right? - so I thought I could show the opposite :yahoo::biggrin:)

• Like 1

The ecoboost engines are anything but slow/weak though.. although I wouldn't mind people thinking I've got an older car with the duratec engine, then show them up in a 1.0 when they try to overtake! Haha

7 minutes ago, GingerFlame said:

The ecoboost engines are anything but slow/weak though.. although I wouldn't mind people thinking I've got an older car with the duratec engine, then show them up in a 1.0 when they try to overtake! Haha

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

Yeh I was thinking about 'outsiders'. ~Those who don't know about the Fiesta's may just assume that because it has an eco badge on it, then your an eco tree hugger - when infact its probably the best in the range! 

• Like 1

I had a new MkII XR2 in 85. The first week or so was quite exciting, the next 16 years weren't ;)

I've had my ecoboost for 15 months and it surprises/excites me every time I give it some beans, brilliant.

Pulling away from lights in turbo, staggering. How much ARE drive shafts these days? :D

I broke a couple ~50 years back.

• Like 1

I've had enough now, my next car will have a turboooo!! 

• Like 3

I debadge all my cars now, apart from the manufacturer logos - just much prefer the clean look without the model badges etc

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club