Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta MK6 Air con not working - not lighting up

Risco

I am guessing it is a fuse, I have some fuses. However I have no idea which one it is?

it seems they are behind glove box, how do I remove lid?

Edit - Ok it's not the fuse, just replaced. any other suggestion?

AC relay under the bonnet, behind the battery tray. Try that

Mine shorted out but didn't fail completely. so everything worked, the fan kicked it etc but the clutch in the compressor wasn't engaging. Didn't notice for weeks. I thought it just needed regassing. Then after changing my timing belt and obviously paying attention to my aux belts I noticed it

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Could try checking the wiring to the plugs on the low and high pressure sensors on the refrigerant pipework - had the same issue on my Fusion (kinda the same as your Fiesta underneath) whereby the AC wouldn't kick in nor the button light up as a wire had broken loose from a connector

40 minutes ago, GingerFlame said:

AC relay under the bonnet, behind the battery tray. Try that

Mine shorted out but didn't fail completely. so everything worked, the fan kicked it etc but the clutch in the compressor wasn't engaging. Didn't notice for weeks. I thought it just needed regassing. Then after changing my timing belt and obviously paying attention to my aux belts I noticed it

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

OK, will have a look. I am not mechanically minded, so how would I know if the relay is faulty?

23 minutes ago, chemfusion said:

Could try checking the wiring to the plugs on the low and high pressure sensors on the refrigerant pipework - had the same issue on my Fusion (kinda the same as your Fiesta underneath) whereby the AC wouldn't kick in nor the button light up as a wire had broken loose from a connector

Where is this on the car, as mentioned I am not mechanically minded but always willing! Also need to mention that recirculate does not work. Are they both on same relay?

• Like 1

The recirculation button just causes a little flap to rotate in the passenger footwell allowing inside air to circulate and block fresh air.

I'm tempted to say the wiring in the back of the heater controls has come unplugged or something

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

8 hours ago, GingerFlame said:

The recirculation button just causes a little flap to rotate in the passenger footwell allowing inside air to circulate and block fresh air.

I'm tempted to say the wiring in the back of the heater controls has come unplugged or something

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

I had a new stereo installed by Road Radio, so you could be right. Going to call them up.

• Like 1

On a previous car I had a similar problem, the air con stopped working and the AC light wouldn't come on. Turned out to be the refrigerant got so low the system just wouldn't operate. Was back to normal after a regas.

On a previous car I had a similar problem, the air con stopped working and the AC light wouldn't come on. Turned out to be the refrigerant got so low the system just wouldn't operate. Was back to normal after a regas.

Wouldn't stop recirculation from working though[emoji14]

Just a follow up, as expected they had not reconnected the A/C.....

• Like 1

Connector not plugged in for AC + recirculation buttons? Idiots

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club