Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tips for hardwiring a dashcam

rh205

Hi,

I am trying to hardwire my dash cam into my car and have a bit of a problem and would like some tips or advice. The problem is the earthing point appears to be right within the dash behind the fuse box on the firewall. The thing is I need to access this to connect the earth wire of the camera. However once I get my hands in the dash and close to this point it is impossible to see what I am doing. I wonder if anyone knows what sort of tools to use to ease the job of connecting the cameras ground wire without getting my hands in the way. 

Drill a new hole in the side of the "A" post and connect earth wire with a self tapping screw.

There are usually loads of grounding points, any metal screw will usually do.

• Like 2

I took mine to a garage to have this done, but they attached the earth wire to a bolt just above the fuse box.

• Like 1

Attached mine to on one near the door sill with some other earths, easy access. :smile:

• Like 1

Nut just above fuse box,might be something like a 10 or 12mm as i forgot but i have 2 on these nuts as i could see

2 off them.tracker and dash cam,both work A1.