Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus MKll screenwash pressure

Rossboy

Hi,

I've got a problem with my Ford Focus - The washer jets are very weak and barely reach the bottom of the windscreen. However,  The button I press to control the water jets, if I just tap it rather than hold it down the jets seems to spray water at full strength but its only for a fraction of a second. When the button is pressed and held the jets weaken significantly.

Any idea what I can do to resolve this?

kind regards 

Ross 

easiest solution is use a sewing needle to ensure the nozzle jets aren't blocked then get a garden hose and use it to clear out the screen was bottle theres 2 ways of doing it just put it in the top and overflow it or you can pull the drivers side wheel arch out enough to get to the filter remove that and clean it

Does sound like a clogged filter.

It sits between the tank and pump and can get blocked with particulates and gunge.

Try flushing the wash tank with a hose to clear crap first.

If that doesn't help then try using a can of computer air duster into the pipes that are attached to the nozzles to blow them through.

56c2183a0f023__57.thumb.JPG.bd58942e734a

• Like 2

never thought about the air duster lol I usually disconnect the pipe at the washer and use a hand pump with the different adaptors to try and see if its blocked failing that i blow into the pipe not advised but works lol

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

Does sound like a clogged filter.

It sits between the tank and pump and can get blocked with particulates and gunge.

Try flushing the wash tank with a hose to clear crap first.

If that doesn't help then try using a can of computer air duster into the pipes that are attached to the nozzles to blow them through.

56c2183a0f023__57.thumb.JPG.bd58942e734a

How easy is it to do this?  

Plan A- stick a hose in the tank and keep running until clean.

Plan B- just pull the connectors off the nozzles and give a good blast with the can. (You may have to remove a bonnet liner if fitted).

If all this fails then check the pump filter-

You'll need to remove the front part of the driver side wheel arch liner and then you'll have access to the pump at the rear of the tank.

The pump shouod just wiggle out, be prepared for all the tanks contents to gush out.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club