Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio No Sound

chris f

Can anyone please help / give ideas.

On some cold mornings when i get in the mondy and turn on the radio comes on lights up and in the way of looks, everything is OK. But from the Speakers all i hear is a click sounds like an electrical interference click, about one every 2 seconds. Change input and no change to the sound. Have turned of and on, turned the car of left for about 2 mins restarted and have got no change to the stereo.

Leave the car while at work get back in latter and the fault has cleared?

Please has anyone had this fault in the past or know what the cause could be, or am i looking at the start of the stereo dyeing ?

Many thanks for any help ideas.

Chris

How's the battery, old new ?

You mentioned cold mornings

Did it do it during warmer weather ??

Try pulling the radio fuse for a while then try it again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No idea about battery age, ws on car when brought 2 half years ago, only noticed problem on cold well frozen mornings. And not everyone  not yet anyway.

Unable to pull fuse as not got radio code, when brought car main dealers admitted they never checked that it was in the owners pack.

Could be some condensation.

I had the occasional hiccup with my old Focus when the temperature dropped and the radio would reset itself.

I'd get the car warmed up and the problem would vanish.

12 hours ago, chris f said:

No idea about battery age, ws on car when brought 2 half years ago, only noticed problem on cold well frozen mornings. And not everyone  not yet anyway.

Unable to pull fuse as not got radio code, when brought car main dealers admitted they never checked that it was in the owners pack.

You'll need the code at some point.

What about the battery voltage?

You'll need the code at some point.

What about the battery voltage?

Like BOF says you'll probably need the code if you want to explore this fault further or if your not too bothered about the head unit stick in a after market one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will get code from Ford,  don't like fitting aftermarket, as in past have fitted aftermarket sound system only to have some light fingered little $#!+, visit car and help them self happened twice. Second as secured radio to cage then cage to dash car was write off with ghe damage to the dash.

Will poss have to check batt but do not have any other electrical faults and can have heated screens on, fans on, side lights on, interior lights on and radio and no problem not even a flicker of lights, then the next same again but no sound only clicks as said.

When radio played up last time turned all electric off but still had prob, 

Again thanks for all the ideas nd help