Do Not Sell My Personal Information

serviced focus 1.6 tdci sport (mark 2 2011) now it wont start

bledge

could anyone please tell me where the fuel cut off switch on this model is please. not in the nearside front A post or offside

Have you changed the fuel filter?  If so it needs priming first.  There's no electric pump so no fuel cut-off.

• Like 1

tried to pime it first but mechanic failed to do correct procedure of priming so put air line in fuel tank to push fuel to filter think now he has damaged fuel pump which is in fuel tank.

I have driven the car for 40 minutes after this but now the car wont start sounds like fuel starvation. No fuel going to fuel filter.

There is no fuel pump in the tank, so that won't be damaged.

You need to put a hand primer on the fuel filter and keep pumping until it sucks the fuel through.

• Like 1

where do you get this hand primer and could you explain the procedure please

I guess they sell them at most motorfactors, but mine is from an old diesel Peugeot.

On the fuel filter there should be an arrow to show the flow 'out' of the filter towards the engine.  You need to remove the pipe from there, fit a small pipe from that to your hand primer, ensuring the arrow on the hand primer is in the same direction as it ha a one way valve in it.  As you pump the primer it (slowly) sucks the fuel up from the tank and fills the filter, and eventually you'll see it come through to your pipe.  Remove the primer and refit the cars pipe.  Then turn the engine over until it starts, will take several seconds.  After that you want to give it a few revs and take it for a hard drive ideally.

This vid shows how, but with quite an elaborate tool lol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXX0dW6U5YY

• Like 1

thank you for your help that was brilliant

everything working well now guys, thanx for your help.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club