Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6.5 Heater Blower Motor - Handle with care!!

Kevinho

So, yesterday I decided to give the blower motor a clean up. It's been making some very strange noises lately and I thought there might have been some leaves or debris inside..

Mine is the Mk6 facelift with AC, so the motor cover includes the flap for the recirculation airflow.. (Photo taken from someone elses post btw.. Thanks must go to "jimalime")

post-61354-0-80882400-1419712184.thumb.j

things learnt for future reference..

1. The ribs across the flap can be very brittle and can snap if too much force is used to try and get it out of the VERY tight space... OOPS #1

2. You need to detach the airflow flap actuation cable from the top of the cover first, otherwise, when it's put back together, the recirculation button will be as useful as a chocolate teapot... OOPS #2

Capture.PNG.a7a68351e8ee67d5a2aee924d73b

3. Don't rely on your first diagnosis.. The squeaks and rattles might still be there when all is cleaned out / lubed up and put back together :/

Time for a new motor I think.  Or at least a visit to a scrappy...  Unless anyone else has any ideas?

I removed the plastic grill/guards on mine as I practically destroyed them out of frustration!

The little cable on the top was a complete joke. Manipulating the fan to come out took me 20 mins.

Some idiot had crossthreaded the bolt holding the air pipe bit in so wouldn't come undone! Tried everything.. cut around it in the end to remove it

I filled mine with grease. it's stopped the resistor pack dying as it had practically seized solid! But it smells like burning on 4 so stay away from it hahaha

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1

I tried super gluing the ones I broke back together but broke them again getting it back in. lol

God knows what I've done to the little cable, its moving a little when I press the recirc button, but not enough to open or close the flap.

Used a load of copper grease on as much of it as I could access.  Not done any good :/

I tried super gluing the ones I broke back together but broke them again getting it back in. lol

God knows what I've done to the little cable, its moving a little when I press the recirc button, but not enough to open or close the flap.

Used a load of copper grease on as much of it as I could access.  Not done any good :/

I tried gluing them too! Hahaha

With the cable, you have to reinsert it at the correct angle. it's a pain in the backside, I had the same issue

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GingerFlame said:

I tried gluing them too! Hahaha

With the cable, you have to reinsert it at the correct angle. it's a pain in the backside, I had the same issue

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

I'll persevere with it then when the new bits arrive :) 

• Like 1

Got the new motor in and working well :) 

got the little cable clipped in properly now, still no joy with the recirc button. Looks like I've pulled it too far out. Might take the controls off and have a look at it there.. Not sure how it all goes together though

• Like 1

Got the new motor in and working well :) 

got the little cable clipped in properly now, still no joy with the recirc button. Looks like I've pulled it too far out. Might take the controls off and have a look at it there.. Not sure how it all goes together though

The cable for recirc doesn't go yo the controls :). It's controlled by a servo behind the dash.

I had to pull it tight & force the flap shut further then clip it in. for a couple of cycles to stayed open a little. Now it's fine!

Just play around :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club