Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finally Ordered Bluefin For 180bhp Ecoboost

ZetecShearer1987

Ive today finally cracked and brought the superchips bluefin ecu remap.

Cost £330 and also came with a free k&n filter too, which i thought was a good deal as i wanted up upgrade the filter.

it states around 20 extra horses and extra torque too.

has anyone else bluefin'ed and with what results.

Brought the item from demon tweeks

Should arrive on thursday

• Like 2

Bought Bluefin for My ST on Monday, awaiting delivery tomorrow.

Should give an extra 47 BHP and about 124 Nm of extra torque.

56c3ba9093560_Torqueandbhpcurves.thumb.j

• Like 1

Hi,

Does installing bluefin remapping chips, increase your insurance premiums up because it's a modification to the original factory standard? 

Liam.

1 hour ago, Liam40 said:

Hi,

Does installing bluefin remapping chips, increase your insurance premiums up because it's a modification to the original factory standard? 

Liam.

It can do yes, but some insurers don't they are sometimes just glad you called to let them know, just make sure you get a price before getting it done. 

My Bluefin install cost me £10 which was just for the modification of my policy.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

My Bluefin install cost me £10 which was just for the modification of my policy.

And me.

• Like 1

That's interesting with insurers!

I visited the bluefin website today, just to check it out! Did a few searches for Ford Focus 1.0 & 1.6 EcoBoost, surprisingly when I did it, the 1.6 EcoBoost bluefin remapping cost less than the 1.0 remapping, strange.

Thought I'd check to see if my Focus 1.6 Zetec non-turbo could be bluefinned it can, it would only give around 10 bhp more, plus a bit more torque. And I've noticed there is a bluechip remapping centre not to far from me :biggrin:

But, I don't think for the price they charge for remapping, it's worth it for 10 bhp more.

Liam.

• Like 1

Tuning a non-turbo car is very rarely worth it.

• Like 1

Although maximum power increase may be small, what you often get is a boost in mid-range which greatly improves driveability.

• Like 2

So ive had the bluefin installed for over a week now along with the new k@n filter fitted and the difference is quite substantial to say the least.

Main Changes ive noticed 

1st gear is alot better at pulling away strongly, before always felt sluggish and lacked any pull. Strange one prior to bluefin.

Mid range is so much better, the torque and instant power pick up now feels to me like a new car.

Low down revs pull more smoothly and is more eager.

MPG has also improved if driven sensibly, long journeys i am pushing mid 40's on my average trip and before struggled to make 40.

Basically it feels like having a new car, yes its only 20bhp claimed on the bluefin but its what it does with that 20bhp and extra torque which makes it a much better drive.

I would recommend this bluefin remap to anyone with these ecoboost engines as im loving the upgrade to my 1.6 and its probably the best upgrade ive done and it took 20 mins to do.

• Like 2

My turbo spools up earlier and the car is far more responsive to the schnell pedal. 😆

Whether it's 1.0 or 1.6 EcoBoost, one thing I can't find on the Bluefin remap website is, is there an increase in top speed.

Does anyone know? 

Liam.

• Like 1

On 21 February 2016 at 6:20 PM, Stoney871 said:

WHAT!!!! My premium went up 30 for telling them I've put a new air intake in 😐

• Like 2

😎

On 01/03/2016 at 11:51 AM, Liam40 said:

Whether it's 1.0 or 1.6 EcoBoost, one thing I can't find on the Bluefin remap website is, is there an increase in top speed.

Does anyone know? 

Liam.

I'd like to know this too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Mine does.

By how much is the top speed increase Ian?

Liam.

I wouldn't worry about if the speed has increased, you'll never reach it unless you are on the autobahn or a track.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

I wouldn't worry about if the speed has increased, you'll never reach it unless you are on the autobahn or a track.

Very true!

• Like 1

Would this be worth getting installed on a Focus 2.0L TDCI 163hp?

• Like 2

Would this be worth getting installed on a Focus 2.0L TDCI 163hp?

Oh yeah, Diesels respond well to tuning.

• Like 1

Any difference on getting the bluefin or having it installed by a bluefin dealer?

At a dealer you will get a live rolling road map which is more bespoke but costs more.

With a handset you get a more generic map but is is removeable, only takes about 30 - 40 minutes to install and when you change cars you only pay for new software as you already have the handset (plus the handset is a nice dtc reader too) .

• Like 3

Has anyone done remap for the 1L ecoboost?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club