Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Creaking from rear suspension

Gavinb

I'm getting a creaking sound from the rear passenger side when coming off a road hump.  The sound happens when coming down the hump rather than going up but doesn't always happen.  Anyone got any ideas? 

14 plate, ecoboost (100) 

My 2013 Fiesta has done this from new especially in the cold weather. As mine was under warranty when the fault occurred I had it booked into the local Ford dealership it was in and out 5 times, the fault was then intermittent so now I get it intermittently in the cold weather, I complained to Ford and as I had taken out a 3 year service agreement they extended it for another year. I asked the mechanic what he had done and he said that he had only tightened and checked the suspension. I had a noise today when out for a 50 mile trip, on returning home I found that metal point of an umbrella was tapping on the metal of support of the rear seat. It will be interesting to see if any other Fiesta owners have the problem that you have.

Edited by Titanium
Wrong spelling
  • Like 1

Got the same problem !on my mk6 zetec s kind of some tapping noise coming from seatbelt or speaker or where I cannot find out where from its coming from

19 hours ago, Patrico777 said:

Got the same problem !on my mk6 zetec s kind of some tapping noise coming from seatbelt or speaker or where I cannot find out where from its coming from

Open the boot and grasp the top of the rear seat and tug it quickly back and forward. Try this at each side, I had a noise in my fiesta mk6 I couldn't find and it turned out to be where the 'pin' holding the rear seat upright was moving very slightly causing the noise!

I had a creaking problem on my 13 plate Fiesta. I thought it needed lubricating, but it had whole new bushes! Rock the car see where its coming from and take it to a local garage or Ford if under warranty!

On 17. februára 2016 at 6:46 PM, Russ said:

Open the boot and grasp the top of the rear seat and tug it quickly back and forward. Try this at each side, I had a noise in my fiesta mk6 I couldn't find and it turned out to be where the 'pin' holding the rear seat upright was moving very slightly causing the noise!

Will try its driving me crazy!