Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0 Ecoboost 100ps fuel economy

Josh123

Hi all!

I have a fiesta with the 100ps 1.0 ecoboost engine. Ford claim 65 Mpg. I was getting 45 mpg which is understandable as I drive to work along a mix of roads so wont get the 65mpg, but looked today and it was doing 32 mpg! I am a young lad, but even so I dont over rev it much, I just drive like any other person! Not quite sure on why its dropped, any opinions?

Cheers!

• Like 1

I've had the same issue. I'm 19. Don't really over Rev, don't drive like a t*at. And on my TRIP COMP. I've got 29.5.... I've put it to the group before. And I've been advised to manually workout my MPG. But to be fair I've completely forgot to record things as I go.... I'm pretty much just doing town driving.... But still. 

13 hours ago, Cookey09 said:

I've had the same issue. I'm 19. Don't really over Rev, don't drive like a t*at. And on my TRIP COMP. I've got 29.5.... I've put it to the group before. And I've been advised to manually workout my MPG. But to be fair I've completely forgot to record things as I go.... I'm pretty much just doing town driving.... But still. 

I drive to work in the morning and its main roads to work - stop start traffic most of the way. On my way back I get the motorway, stop start for about 6 mile on the motorway, and then 60-80 until I come off, then its main roads again which are a bit more free moving. I get around 34-37mpg depending on how much I concentrate, however a lot of my movements maybe just on the clutch so cant do much. I predict that this will be more near 40-45mph in the summer months.

When I drive to Kent on the motorway I tend to go when the traffic is free, but a 300m trip on the motorway doing between 70-80 will take up 3/4 of a tank however my MPG shows around 45-49 mpg on the trip.  I work it out similarly as 300 mille (3/4 tank) is around 30 litres... which ends up equating to around 45mpg? (400 mile = 40 litre.(full tank) -> 100mile = 10l. -> 10 Mile = 1L... So 1L x 4.55 = gallon. THIS MEANING 10mile x 4.55 = 45.5 MPG. So its fairly accurate I presume. (If my calculations are correct/if you understand them) 

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys!!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club